She scribbles her name in ink
It smudges
Black like coal dust
Sticky as treacle
I enjoy these mark makings
They remind me I breathe
Such a tiny name
And yet her dreams are big
Stardust and powder
Tricks and delight
She scribbles her name in ink
I hold my name close to my chest
It is made up
Of course
Who can find the meaning within
Black like coal dust
Sticky as treacle
I enjoy these mark makings
These handwritten lines of truth and daring.
She scribbles her name in ink
ReplyDeleteI hold my name close to my chest... beautiful...
Thank you Thotpurge
Delete'Who can find the meaning within black like coal dust'.. this line alone holds so much pain and truth! Beautifully expressed, Jae!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sanaa
DeleteWonderful imagery, Jae, especially
ReplyDelete'It smudges
Black like coal dust
Sticky as treacle'
and
'Such a tiny name
And yet her dreams are big
Stardust and powder
Tricks and delight'.
Thank you Kim
DeleteYour words indeed always carry that intriguing quality of a puzzle. However we always come back to see what new you have written
ReplyDeleteHave a good Tuesday Jae
Much💝love
Thank you Gillena 💝
DeleteI, too, enjoy these markings. Who wouldn't want to hold them close to their chests? Letting them sing to their hearts?
ReplyDeleteThank you Magaly
Deletebeautiful indeed, and not a bit of sadness detected which is a delight to me at this moment
ReplyDeleteThank you Angie
Delete‘such a tiny name and yet her dreams are big’ - love that line, love the whole poem!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I love the poems you are writing these days, Jae. They have a different sound to them. Very lovely.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Sherry xo
DeleteI agree with Sherry. I too, have noticed a different voice coming through. "such a tiny name and yet her dreams are big" keep dreaming, Jae! You never know...
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Bekkie
DeleteI love the images and pure passion of a writer that flows in this poem Jae! I especially love the line, "Black like coal dust
ReplyDeleteSticky as treacle
I enjoy these mark makings
These handwritten lines of truth and daring." Simply lovely!!!