Her branches reach into the Earth
She is strong
Immovable
From the window I see her leaves shake
She is beautiful
Even with the discarded paper flashed amongst her branches
I take the view for granted
The silver chimney pot
The blue sky
A full stomach
And feet warm under the blankets
The tree stands tall
I should be like her
Standing straight
Waiting for summer to come and warm my roots.
My new favourite of yours, Jae. I love that you have a tree-friend to watch, and love your lines about standing straight and waiting for summer to come and warm your roots. Thanks so much for writing to my prompt!
ReplyDeleteThank you Sherry - it was good to write something a little different
DeleteI loved this Jae. I too have a great love for trees and the exanmple they set us for our own lives.
ReplyDeleteThank you Old Egg - they are special things
DeleteYour beautiful tree is patient, Jae. A good model for your poet. We do an electric blanket for the winter months. Some trees we cover, others are too big. We lost three last winter from the freeze. Part of life too.
ReplyDelete..
Thank you very much Jim
DeleteMost of us take the view for granted. I often forget to think about how not secure we are here, the more often than i'd like to. I guess indifference comes with age. I should be more awake.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jae!
Thank you too Mariya
DeleteSuch a beautifully self-contained poem. I think it is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Kerry
DeleteThis poem caught my eye. I wish I could be like her too! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bekkie
DeleteO, really love this... I think that looking at what we take for granted is a great way to find something to hold on to... and what can be better than a tree.
ReplyDeleteThank you Bjorn
DeleteYes, yes...to be more like a tree. Beautiful
ReplyDeleteThanks Susie
DeleteIf only we all could be more like her. I love this Jae!!
ReplyDeleteWe do take breath-taking views for granted. I like the idea of becoming more like a tree. That is a goal to be proud of.
ReplyDeleteA room with a view... never underestimate it!
ReplyDelete