Monday, 2 December 2019

Love

Her words run through us like butter
Warm and thick
And nourishing
She is made of words
But real to touch
We listen to her every word
Love her for her quips and questions
The logic of a child
The wisdom of an old woman
How did we come to be
It seems unreal
Special
How many adventures have we had
All without leaving the house
Imagination is the key
We can think of any place
And be there
We do not understand why people talk
It is just air
The fear of silence
We love the silence
It gives us room to think
We are not afraid of being alone
We are afraid of people
We sip our tea
Nod politely
Scream inside
We really should say something
She says
Why do people not notice when we fall silent
Because we are special
She whispers
And all her words fall through me
Rich as butter
Sweet as tea.


6 comments:

  1. silence is the language of true chemistry. Loved the butter and tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the image of nourishing words, very
    spiritual.
    Thank you for dropping by my blog

    Much👼🏽love

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Nod politely
    Scream inside"

    Powerful imagery. I wonder if we would see the screaming, if we just paid close attention to the polite nodding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How well you show the difference between introverts and extroverts Jae. I is good to feel the beauty of quiet and the comfort of being alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful but sad poem of individuality. Everyone is different and choose to live their lives their own way. I must confess I groan a bit whenever there is a knock on the door!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The silence, storing up all the words. I love "the logic of a child, the wisdom of an old woman." And "we love the silence." I do too.

    ReplyDelete