It all happens in a moment
Slip, trip
Skip, fall
Drink the potion
Nibble the cake
Do you like falling she asks
Only when we land on our feet
That sounds wise
I prefer landing she answers
Catching Rabbit
Singing with the Red Queen
She spoke to us today
It made us happy
She asked me how I was
I said fine
She says good girl
I am a woman I think but girl sits fine
We are both little girls
Stuck in time
Waiting for our blooming
We look out of the window
It is grey
To suit our mood
She giggles
My special friend
I would be lost without her
All these moments would be lost if not for her voice
We need to crawl back
Lift ourselves up
This is really no place to be stuck
We have crawled out before
And we can do it again
Learn how to live in the moment
Learn how to be.
Jae Rose,
ReplyDeleteLife needs those special moments when we feel a boost of confidence to raise us upwards. Then we can truly be ourselves, in that moment:)
Each little word breathes freedom. I specially love : Do you like falling she asks / Only when we land on our feet and the final two lines.
ReplyDeleteLearning how to live is one of life's most arduous tasks, and most of us, including you and Alice, have to learn how to do it over and over again. This poem touches me deeply. Thank you, Jae.
ReplyDelete"I prefer landing"! We've done it before and can do it again. I love this poem, especially the recognition that inside the most lofty Queen is another little girl/woman.
ReplyDelete"My special friend
ReplyDeleteI would be lost without her
All these moments would be lost if not for her voice"
Every poet needs a special friend. May your muse keep you ever creative
Much💞love
Two little girls, waiting for our blooming.....how sweet those lines are. Living in the moment and learning how to be are good practices. A beautiful poem, my friend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful but sad poem Jae. As for blooming your poetry always does that as your style is unique, sad and so full of meaning.
ReplyDelete"Learn how to live in the moment/Learn how to be." I think I need to learn these better. Thank you, Jae.
ReplyDeleteHappy moments make up for all the pain and sadness. I love the lines:
ReplyDelete‘Do you like falling she asks
Only when we land on our feet
That sounds wise’
and
‘We are both little girls
Stuck in time
Waiting for our blooming’.
Such a light, freeing poem - we all need special friends, at all ages!
ReplyDeleteThere are so many wise words embedded within this piece.
ReplyDelete"We need to crawl back
Lift ourselves up
This is really no place to be stuck...."- this is my fav!
. . . only when we land on our feet . . . - Alice is wise beyond her years, but then she always will be. Great poem, Jae!
ReplyDelete