There is a place where we go
When the smoke becomes too much
It is a magical place
A place where the fingers can't touch us
Water blossoms here
Sweet peas and sticky pines
Every day seems to be a struggle
Healing comes
But too slowly
Leaves fall
We fear the steps
All our wounds vibrate
Sometimes there is a clearing in our thinking
Mostly it is like an open casket
Every step is evidence
We would like to disappear
But we are already invisible
Playing in Wonderland
Sleeping in liquor dreams
People try to find me
But I am lost
Walking around in circles
Hoping for the ultimate connection
She taps her feet
Anxious to leave this place
I am too scared to leave
Perhaps she will give me the courage to change
Perhaps we will stay like this forever
Somehow I do not care
I hunker down
Hibernate and sleep
Wishing for that special place.
A sad poem, my friend. I hope she does give you courage: outside that door is a world waiting to be discovered.
ReplyDeleteA blessed Sunday to you Jae.
ReplyDelete"Sometimes there is a clearing in our thinking
Mostly it is like an open casket
Every step is evidence
We would like to disappear"
These lines reek of sadness, so potent, so poignant in your rendering
Much👼🏽love
Poor Alice, sadly as much fun as she is she is but a character from a book and life is much more than that. Many of us struggle with who we are and mourn over lost dreams. The secret is to love what you do and for many of us it is writing and that really helps...it is our life.
ReplyDeleteWe all hope for that ultimate connection. I have lived long enough to know that it is elusive. I like your invisible liquor dream wonderland. There are many worse places to live.
ReplyDeleteSometimes healing IS slow, agonisingly slow, but as long as it keeps coming. there is hope that one will NOT "stay like this forever."
ReplyDeleteThis magical place starts as a wonder... then morphs into a place to escape from. I love the transition.
ReplyDeleteI think we all yearn for that safe place, that magical place, that place where the hurts get better. And the yearning gets deeper when the hurt is at it's sharpest. But like the first part of Magical Mystical Teacher's suggests, as long as we get glimpses of the place...
ReplyDeleteHealing can feel deeper, truer, in that place, but it's a pity it doesn't always stick when we go back to our usual place of being. Perhaps the secret is to always bring a bit of that magic back with us and be patient.
ReplyDeleteI think there's a special place within us all. Life is about finding and keeping it. Never give up the search.
ReplyDeleteAt such times as this, it always comes to me: 'This - too - will pass'.
ReplyDelete