The light falls in through the window
We are in love but separate
The wind caresses our skin
We let it in
Hatter runs
The Red Queen sings
We are falling down the Rabbit hole again
Days pass
We are half asleep
Content in each others arms
How do we count syllables she asks
We speak them out loud, I reply
Just like we count the steps
Sixteen down
Twenty up
We are uncertain on our feet
The light falls in through the window
We are in love but separate.
Love.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautifully rendered, Jae!💞 Especially love; "We are half asleep/Content in each others arms/How do we count syllables she asks/We speak them out loud, I reply/Just like we count the steps."💞
ReplyDeleteOh no, not the rabbit hole. Sixteen steps down and twenty up makes me think......like one step forward two steps back. Uncertain on our feet. Place them carefully, my friend.
ReplyDelete‘How do we count syllables she asks
ReplyDeleteWe speak them out loud, I reply
Just like we count the steps
Sixteen down
Twenty up’
is so Alice! I love the thought of them counting syllables as they falls down the rabbit hole again. But will the story be repeated?
Very Beautiful Jae. How do we count syllables? I love the explanation of it.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful piece of writing Jae. It is so warm and reassuring. As for the steps; this reminded me of childhood days where one was careful coming down the stairs but would try to go up two at a time if we could.
ReplyDeleteOh the rabbit holes... those syllables are hard to count.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love your Alice. There is so much to see from a window. "light falls in through the window" Even light can't stand on its feet when in the presence of love. :) Beautiful poem
ReplyDelete