Saturday, 30 November 2019

Weekend

The weekend comes
It bothers us
Makes us fretful
We imagine planting roses
Riding a bicycle
Being free
But we are tethered
To this hole
An endless pit
We swat away the flies
We do not like their looping dance
In another world we are a wife
And mother
In this world
We are alone
Perhaps that suits us better
We like to laze and dream
Drink and forget
We have each other
She whispers
And I reach for her tiny hand
Time is not to be afraid of
We need not run like Rabbit
Or forget it like Hatter
We should pour a glass of tea
Savour every sweet drop
This is where we belong
On the fringes of Wonderland
Behind the mirror
Chasing cats and hoping to meet the Red Queen
She is magic
Don't you know
I remember her
The time after the bridge
Running naked
Nothing mattering any more
But there were people who helped
Stopped the chaos
Eased my head
Such a long time ago
Still so near
What we were informs us
Makes us dizzy
And so another week passes
We are neither better or worse
We just are
Perhaps that is enough.

11 comments:

  1. 'What we were informs us'. Indeed, but perhaps doesn't have to dictate to us.
    'We just are / Perhaps that is enough.' I often think so. (But then, I have a blessed life.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Time is not to be afraid of" but embrace. I too, believe that just being is gift we can give ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First we should accept who we are and then delight in our uniqueness and live our lives our way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the fringes of wonderland, remembering. It is good there were people who helped. I am very glad that you and Alice "just are". That is more than enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just are....wanting more causes unhappiness.Enjoy everything you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To realise that where one is, is where one belongs, is wisdom indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. High hopes and rabbit holes. I love the Wonderland references and enjoyed the pace of the read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some days, just being has to be enough. Tomorrow might bring more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The deluge of the weekend can be hard... maybe finding solace in being is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What we were informs us...Yes it does. Just being is enough indeed. We are all of us so wealthy and yet some of us want more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'what we were informs us"
    "time is not to be afraid of"
    "we just are"

    Sometimes, just being, existing, thinking, writing is fulfilling. Love this, Jae!

    ReplyDelete