Wednesday, 6 November 2019

Authentic

Her smile is authentic
Soft as pearls
Bright as daisies
She rests her head upon my shoulder
Tired and sleepy
There have been lots of riddles to solve today
We are pleased to see the moon
To walk the dark streets
And wonder
We are lucky to find truth in our path
There have been so many lies
Too many games
When I look at her face
Everything is clear and true
We know each other
Sometimes it feels as if we are one
Breathing
Dreaming
Smiling
We float on the pale leaves of the moon.


14 comments:

  1. "We float on the pale leaves of the moon."...Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem exudes trust between the speaker and the one to whom she speaks. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such certainty is marvelous. I wish to have someone love me so much they risk taking me for granted. To know and have no need to question. Trust. Now THAT's a worthy relationship. A mighty fine sunshine of a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We are lucky to find truth in our path"
    This does indeed stir wonder into the heart
    Happy Wednesday Jae

    Much🦋love

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely........your closing line made my heart so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful poem and "We float on the pale leaves of the moon" stunning

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful to have a friend who is trustworthy and who can provide the perfect circumstances, to feel safe and secure..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Jae, one of your best poems (I know I have said that before!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing the idea of floating "on the pale leaves of the moon."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you have made well-used similes fresh and new, Jae, and the sense of intimacy and trust you have built in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how lovely! Yes, that last line is indeed as wonderful as everyone is saying. I also like
    When I look at her face
    Everything is clear and true

    ReplyDelete
  12. My original comment has disappeared. Oh well, here is another. I read this several times. The last line is amazing. However, the line"When I look at her face everything is clear and true". That is really love and trust.

    ReplyDelete