We divide the words
Count the syllables
Knock our face beneath the peach ridden sky
We make a stand
Know not to worry
Talk here and there about plans and facts
The poppies float on the breeze
Turn from orange to green
Like snow multiplied in an awful blend
Now and then we subtract our thoughts
Add together sex and flowers
It's all just a dream
Alice and I know that.
I think you are right "it's all just a dream". We can live it or fight it
ReplyDeletebut it will never give away its secrets.
How i love that peach ridden sky! And the poppies floating on the breeze. Lovely.
ReplyDeleteAnd what a beautiful dream it could be.
ReplyDeleteYou and Alice know a lot that the rest of us aren't privy to! :)
ReplyDelete"it's all just a dream" is an evocative sentiment — all the actions, reactions, additions, subtractions are seemingly a part of a complex dream. I love it for its vivid fantasy and its knowing capability.
ReplyDelete-HA
"Like snow multiplied in an awful blend
ReplyDeleteNow and then we subtract our thoughts"...this is so powerful! 💜
I think that sometimes dreams do come true... the worst thing is to cease dreaming.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what "knock" means. Where I live, it could mean to insult or to deride. It could also be the knock that opens doors, but I don't know what makes sense here. However, that aside, I like the "awful blend" and the entire mathematics of language and landscape. Things certainly are neater in dreams than in reality.
ReplyDelete"Now and then we subtract our thoughts
ReplyDeleteAdd together sex and flowers"
Oh, yes. That is the answer, for sure.
Ah, but the realities of today once started out as dreams. The trick is to pick the dreams that best serve as guiding stars.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting dream.
ReplyDeleteZQ
Love that peach-ridden sky. Add in flowers and sex, and the dream is off and running!
ReplyDeleteBut what do we wake to?
ReplyDeleteAlice and you are wise.
ReplyDelete