Monday, 10 September 2018

Test

What I love is near at hand
She skips and dances
Ribbons ablaze
Skirt drifting in the wind
For one tiny moment everything is just right
We think of lost times
Hours emptied into black bags
Take them to the trash
Pour pennies down the sink
All such a fine dance
Words drifting through the window
Catch them with our teeth
Wait for night to fall
And dreams to come
Is it all a race she asks
I giggle
No just a test I think
What I love is near at hand
And yet it flies away on the morning sun
Gets carried off by the oncoming rain
For one tiny moment everything is just right.


15 comments:

  1. 'Hours emptied into black bags'.. is such a poignant image!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. A moment to cherish, beautifully told.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those moments are so precious aren't they. Hold them in your memory for when times are tough for you to colour the dark patches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ‘For one tiny moment everything is just right’

    Aren’t those moments so precious and filled with hope. Beautiful, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are precious dreams to savor at night. Sometimes they are so dear to us that morning does feel like a thief, robbing us of small joys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the line, " hours emptied into black bags"...amazing writing and beautiful memories shared.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tiny moments of perfection- that make everything bearable..almost..beautiful jae.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those tiny moments when everything is just right, before we stride grimly out into the world of wrongness...Being just right at home, with ourselves, is what keeps us going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pour pennies down the sink ...

    what a beautiful line - wow - it certainly carries so much weight - for wishes dropped away ... and it bodes equally differently in slight, for the 2 previous lines, which carry so much heft.

    this is just such an amazing poem from first line to last word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, too bad, Jae. I live the pennies down the sink, better still those black bags. I've/we've filled our share, I was reminiscing this morning, telling Mrs. Jim.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That one special perfect moment...beyond lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think moments like that is what make us go on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those moments of everything being just right - as this moment is, reading your beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This represents what life may be like for many. Beautifully written and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete