Thursday, 27 September 2018

Earth

We trample over dusty shores
Mother Earth sings in our ears
A sad song
Lost fields
Stolen flowers
Stars hidden by clouds of rain
We look out the window
Grateful for shelter
Peaceful in our bed
She wipes the hair from her face
Long past dreaming
We were looking for a place of rest
We found it outside
Dream walking
Silent prayers
We trample over dusty shores
Mother Earth sings in our ears.

8 comments:

  1. I do hope Mother Earth keeps singing Jae and we open our hearts and truly listen - I fear we will not.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new favourite of yours, my friend. This is so beautiful........I hear Mother Earth's sad songs..........love the "dream walking" and the silent prayers............just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your poems very much...they are extremely visual. From the first line....I'm sucked in. I can hear the sad song of Mother Earth. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that we trample with very big feet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luckily some of us still have eyes, ears and noses to appreciate the real planet Earth which is fast disappearing from us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. This is my favorite:

    "We were looking for a place of rest
    We found it outside
    Dream walking"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we are well past dreaming, and into nightmare territory. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has such a lulling hypnotic blue to it, sad beyond measure, riven. Just like humankind.

    ReplyDelete