Tuesday, 17 April 2018

Troubled

We are troubled
Everything is thick and gelatinous
We glide down the canvas like paint
All swirled up in a mess of hair and dreams
What we want is simple
What we need we have to chase
Just like Rabbit down the hole
Clock stuck at 3am
Eyes shut
Bags of clothes
People on the periphery
Faces lost in the brushstrokes
We can't look you in the eye
We can't say love
Everything a mess
Caught up in the swirl of paint
Dripping thick down the canvas skies.

12 comments:

  1. "We glide down the canvas like paint" .....My favourite line.
    AND,
    I also caught a theme of the need or dreams and adventure; in today's poem


    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poignancy in "Faces lost in the brushstrokes
    We can't look you in the eye."

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad the words "We can't say love" are as they have no relevance when you are unhappy. Your writing is so full of observations Jae as everything whirls around you in a troubled environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite lines within are
    “What we want is simple, What we need we have to chase”
    The paint dripping down the canvas reminds e of tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, sometimes it is as you describe, and at other times it is not. hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have used the painting metaphor so well -
    This is wonderful

    We glide down the canvas like paint
    All swirled up in a mess of hair and dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Faces lost in the brushstrokes' and 'caught up in the swirl of paint' great complementary images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you caught the spirit of the artwork - especially with the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long may you keep playing the game of poetry, which I do believe can be your torch in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thst would be trouble Jae. I like the rabbit down the hole. Thst has been troubling me larely, do rabbits have holes? Do they dig like a dog? We have oodles of rabbits here but I never see a rabbit hole.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. "We glide down the canvas like paint
    All swirled up in a mess of hair and dreams"

    Your word choices are paintings. I love this!

    ReplyDelete