You keep painting your house yellow
I keep peeling it off
Like sunflower and buttercup dust
Ground into pepper
Sprinkled on hands
Black
So hard to get to nine o’clock
Slow as pink falling from the sky
Impossible to catch
Or savour
How delicious pink cloud must be
Better than mistakes
which hang
from my
wrists
fall from my head
easier
not to count
Days lost and collected like a bee busy buzz no stopping
hello the postman says but can’t see how
he says it a hand waves I move on bzz changed my shoes now look up don’t trip strip
stop collecting screws glass test tubes an experiment can I stop thank you
Thank you
My friend electric
Calm blue
Shh Shh
Like the face on the TV screen
But real
To me
You keep painting your house yellow
I keep peeling it off
Like a butcher peels skin
Always looking for the finest cut.
You keep painting your house yellow
ReplyDeleteI keep peeling it off
Love those lines.
The use of color in this drew me into a candy-colored fantasy world of unbalance and bees. I really liked this one.
I do like the representational use of color, Jae, intertwined with your trademark cutting, peeling, dust. As always, this multilayered piece tells one story while telling another. You are gifted at creating such complex work. You are gifted.
ReplyDeleteThank you so RS! And good to see you..unbalance and bees is a great line also..Jae
ReplyDeleteThank you Kim..thank you.. x
ReplyDeletewhen we were little we would pick dandilions and rub them on our chin. Supposedly if it turned your chin yellow it meant you liked butter (which of course we all did) and I think Pink clouds must certainly taste delicious. Days lost but words that paint a picture of a love, of a heart who spills over on the page and gives pieces of herself to us.
ReplyDeleteThank you Dee..hopefully not in a bleeding state..the heart that is..yellow and fatty like butter maybe..slow but reliable.. ;) I would love to taste a pink cloud with you..maybe we should meet for tea..
ReplyDeletehaha thats a funny and sweet poem :)
ReplyDeleteYou keep painting your house yellow
I keep peeling it off
Really nice lines!
Jae...your imagery is awesome...these lines talk...they are not just words to fill the air...they speak and different eyes...different ears will see and hear different messages...from these words I picture my dad complaining about the lights and the refrigerator door...my first wife and her lover tearing my world apart...I know that each time I read it...I will think...my mind will work...this morning you have turn my brain on...
ReplyDeleteThanks for your visit Painting Services..
ReplyDeleteThank you GS..I am glad this spoke to you..I hope that there will be a good association in there too..thank you kindly..Jae
I love all the colours, despite your peeling the yellow paint off ..lol
ReplyDeleteThe pink reminded me of candy floss. Haven't eaten that in many a year.
as per usual, your imagery is remarkable. This one has a little playfulness about it, even, and that is something not seen from you in ages. Glad you changed the shoes now, hope these don't have holes in them.
Maybe, just maybe you felt a little bit happy(er) when you wrote this. Hope so :)
Thank you Daydreamer..candy floss..exactly..thank you..I think maybe some of the black clouds gave way to pink ones ;)
ReplyDeletethe colors and spices you collect, like the bee, in this is just gorgeous.
ReplyDeletethank you very much Ed..
ReplyDeletei like the friend electric being blue. made me think about how gas versus electric, and the gas is blue. but you gave electricity the same quality as gas.
ReplyDelete