December comes
Knocking at our window
We will lay still
Snuggle up with our books
What is your favourite story
She asks
Why you of course
Little Cricket
We like to run our fingers
Over the letters
Feel the paper
Wrinkled and worn
Loved
Our story
We know the beginning
Are working on the middle
Hope for a happy ending
Rain falls upon the glass
We will walk
Let the drops fall on our face
Maybe it will snow
We will try not to fall
As long as we are moving
All will be well.
This is such a touching poem, I love it. I particularly cherish the last line.
ReplyDeleteThis is cool, kind of a lilt, sing-song quality, walking along. Maybe it will snow...and those last two lines are great.
ReplyDeleteThere is a sweetness to your poems, particularly noticeable here.
ReplyDeleteThe droplets on the face are a lovely detail - brings back any rich youthful memories especially - thanks Jae
ReplyDeleteHope for happy ending, that's what I do too, lovely poem
ReplyDelete