Wednesday, 8 August 2018

Poem

We are made of poems
Sweet lines
On lazy summer afternoons
Time passes in a haze
We are both here and not
Skipping
Tripping
Counting down the minutes
All will be lost
But there's so much we have yet to find
We crunch syllables on our tongue
Savour every pinch
Inch down the page
Filling the white
With sure black marks
She claps her hands
This is where we belong
We are made of poems
Sweet lines
On lazy summer afternoons.

16 comments:

  1. Sometimes it takes a long time to realise we are made of poems. What a delight it is to lie like scoundrels or tell the truth yet still find readers like what they see not knowing which is which. How good it is to escape to our land of verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We crunch syllables on our tongue
    Savour every pinch"....Delicious lines indeed. Yes, 'we are made of poems' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We crunch syllables on our tongue
    Savour every pinch"....Delicious lines indeed. Yes, 'we are made of poems' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We crunch syllables on our tongue
    Savour every pinch
    Inch down the page"

    Nice.

    I love the vibe Alice always brings to the table --- the joy and lightheartedness that is so very needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We are made of poems"! You are definitely made of poems. Crunch away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone is made of poems---if only they would tell them to us as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are made of poems, and sweet lines, indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this poem, especially the sweet lines on lazy summer afternoons, and crunching the syllables.......delightful! A new favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely blooming love this, Jae! Yes, we are made of poems! I love the dreaminess of this poem, its up-and-down rhythm, skipping and tripping down my screen, and the lines:
    'We crunch syllables on our tongue
    Savour every pinch
    Inch down the page
    Filling the white
    With sure black marks'.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv the contentment of being poet
    "She claps her hands
    This is where we belong"

    Much💛💐love

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a poet's poem you've written! You had me at the first line: "We are made of poems"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this poem. Most definitely your best I have yet to read. We are made of stardust and poems. Oh my yes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. a schooling poem is all messy with numbers and grade evaluations.
    vivid imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love crunching the syllables.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the imagery and the phrasing, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete