What I kiss lies gently on my tongue
It is liquid crystal
Blue and shimmering like the sea
We are waiting once again
Listening to the waves
Hoping beyond hope for the thing which makes us real
The morning sky blends purple and orange
Purple bruises of light
We lie in the bed
Drink sweet tea and daydream
It's impossible to know just how we got here
We used to jump from pillar to post
Now we are static
Bellies aching
Heads adrift
We wish for more
But what I kiss lies gently on my tongue.
What I kiss lies gently on my tongue... nice line!
ReplyDelete"What I kiss lies gently on my tongue".. sigh.. such a breathtaking image, Jae!💖
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful feel this poem has Jae. I like the idea of jumping from pillar to post (as I hobble along!) Of course 'we wish for more' that is a common human trait but the secret is to be thankful for what we have.
ReplyDeleteLike others, I loved the starting/closing line.
ReplyDeleteIt is a journey of togetherness and that wishing for more provides such a natural touch to it. It is both whimsical and comforting.
-HA
I like the shift in the meaning between the first and last line, even though they are the same.
ReplyDeleteVery sensual and beautiful, the gorgeous phrases almost seductive despite the undercurrents of discomfort and longing.
ReplyDeleteWaiting..hoping..kissing.. sounds like life in a nutshell.
ReplyDeleteActually sounds so beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a vivid circle this is. Kerry is quite correct, methinks. Also, I love that "Drink sweet tea and daydream" can be taken in a wonderfully ambiguous way that would imply that daydreams can be drunk, too.
ReplyDeleteSweet tea and daydream...what an intoxicating combination. So many gorgeous images in this, the sea, the sky. What really hit me was this: Hoping beyond hope for the thing which makes us real
ReplyDeleteAs always, your imagery is wonderful. I love the shimmering sea and colourful morning sky. I do love mornings! Always lovely to see you writing, my friend.
ReplyDeleteFrom the first line on this is absolutely lovely Jae. I think Kerry nailed it to. So true...this is life in a nutshell.....lovely writing true to the heart.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful poem, Jae! I love the lines:
ReplyDelete'What I kiss lies gently on my tongue
It is liquid crystal
Blue and shimmering like the sea'.