Let's get going cries Alice
Bumbling under the chestnut tree
In my mind we are at the shore line
Cool waves
Lapping our toes
Bringing fresh light onto our faces
We have not been to the sea in such a long time
We gaze out the window
The sun grazes the pane
Like a gentle kiss
Our mind is still
Focused on the daily chores
Wash
Brush
Smile
Alice's dress is clean and ironed
Her hair sparkles
Like a new dawn
We are going going gone.
I can imagine what an advent re it would be!
ReplyDeleteI like to get out everyday myself, mind you I don't have Alice to get ready so it's easier for me! Well I hope you did too Jae.
ReplyDeleteYou set a lovely scene here and the end works super well. Thanks! k.
ReplyDeleteAlice's dress is clean and ironed
ReplyDeleteHer hair sparkles
Like a new dawn....Fit as a fiddle and ready to hit the road. I hope you are as ready as Alice is to travel. It sounds like an ideal kind of day. I have often imagined myself at the ocean. It is mos def time to get going!
wistful wishing throughout - I like how Alice is all dressed ready to go ? nowhere and especially
ReplyDelete"Bumbling under the chestnut tree"
This sounds so bright! Everything tidy, Alice all washed and ironed......and thinking of the sea. Maybe it is time to go to the shore and let the ocean breeze flow through your soul. I am hoping to get there today, if i feel well enough.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are going!!! Have a wonderful time!!! By the sea!!
ReplyDeleteThis poem is full of excitement and anticipation, Jae. I love the upbeat mood, especially in the lines:
ReplyDelete'We gaze out the window
The sun grazes the pane
Like a gentle kiss'
and
'Alice's dress is clean and ironed
Her hair sparkles
Like a new dawn'.
the ending line is cool.
ReplyDeleteI so love this... I almost feel that sometimes we can leave just by dreaming.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWhen I read this, the images formed in my mind like a snapshot. I love the metaphors and the overall feel-good nature of Alice's world on this sunny day. Perfect.
ReplyDelete