We walk in circles in the night
Strung out high on jelly bean skies
Powder dribbles down our chin
No way out
Or in
We sit and listen
Endless stories
Far removed from us
The quiet us
Two hands waiting to scribble and scrawl ourselves into being
Movement for us is constant
Never a time to be quiet and still
Boredom
Endless years
But at least we are together
We walk in circles in the night
Strung out high on jelly bean skies.
I am sure a lot of us here "scribble and scrawl ourselves into being" Jae. That jelly bean high in writing certainly makes our lives worth living. You certainly make those jelly beans look very enticing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Old Egg!
DeleteHow does one scribble oneself into being!! What a lovely thought.. "I write therefore I am, comes to mind!!
ReplyDeleteGreat thought..thank you
Deleteah. This one really hits home. Beautiful
ReplyDeleteThanks Rene
DeleteI would not mind a jelly bean fix this very moment sitting in a blackout at 1 am on the Liverpool Plains.
ReplyDeleteI hope power comes back soon thanks Cressida
DeleteMovement for us is constant
ReplyDeleteNever a time to be quiet and still
There will then always be movements all the time - ie not being static!
Hank
Thanks Hank
DeleteThere now, I'm craving jelly beans!
ReplyDeleteWe can share - thanks indybev!
Delete"The quiet us (they?)
ReplyDeleteTwo hands waiting to scribble and scrawl ourselves into being
... boredom ...
at least we are together"
I suddenly see the two hands as if the two people! and love that at least there are two. That's actually, given the vagueness of meaning, quite a blessing. Grin.
Thank you Susan :-) in return
DeleteMovement is a part of life it keeps us going, scribbling our way each word, each day..
ReplyDeleteLet's hope - thank you Truedessa
DeleteScribbling and scrawling oneself into being is the very essence of being alive. I can't imagine another way. One word at a time, one page done, another one waiting. As someone else said, Our life is not just one story, but thousands of them. Each one waiting to be told, to be heard.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Thank you as ever for your insight Elizabeth
DeleteThe bright photo cheered me, and I love your "jelly bean skies". Saddened by the feeling of "no way out or in". But there always is. Life never stays still. I love "The quiet us/two hands waiting to scribble and scrawl our way into being." We write, therefore we are. Smiles. (After I wrote that, I looked and saw Rajani had the same thought.) Now I am craving jelly beans.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sherry - sending you jelly beans across the miles
Deletegum and candies all serve,
ReplyDeleteso does ice cream cones.
With jelly beans, no less...
ReplyDelete;)
Delete"Two hands waiting to scribble and scrawl ourselves into being
ReplyDeleteMovement for us is constant"......Aaaah...that's us, isn't it? I love that photo Jae :) :)
"Strung out high on jelly bean skies
ReplyDeletePowder dribbles down our chin"
love love
Makes me think of when we were young and hang out
always roaming about
Thanks Marja
DeleteIt's like it is layered with many unspoken stories.... beautiful lines and images...but I am intrigued....loved this!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sreeja
DeleteSuch an interesting idea, jelly bean skies.
ReplyDeleteThanks Marian
DeleteJelly Bean Skies brings Lucy and her Diamonds to mind. The twitchy scribbler hands made me smile.
ReplyDeleteGreat thought thanks Paul
DeleteThis says a lot to me about consistency in relationships over decades.. maybe we need a jelly bean or two to get us over the hard parts.
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you in the Garden.
Thanks Kerry - glad to find the garden!
DeleteThis is a very peaceful poem, Jae. There is something to be said for being together for endless years.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary - yes it's good to have a companion
DeleteThe parts that struck me here were the stillness or lack of, the movement, the boredom, the perspective of a young person not in control of their life and the bonds that they build with another in the same position. A frustration and a sadness that peek through the jellybean skies.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your thoughtful comment
Deletehandsome.
ReplyDeleteTogether with color and in sweet... what else can a love ask for?
ReplyDeleteThanks Magaly
DeleteThe subconscious mind—the habitual mind spend a substantial amount of our lifetime together on “autopilot mode”...How beautifully told, Jae! I love your 'jelly bean skies'...😊
ReplyDeleteOh I love the phrase.. "jelly bean skies
ReplyDeleteFor me, when you say, "no way in or out"...I think, often we are in the perfect place, but it is hard to recognize. Your "jelly bean skies," was delightful!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete