Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Pin Up

We are going on a bicycle ride
Prick up your hair
Pin back your skin

You dropped the keys
Such a silly mistake

The reply was short
Left in a tray
It made us feel quite quarrelsome

I will carry an opiate bloom
Pretty and dead
As my wedding bouquet 

I keep dark safer than you
A neat little row
Like the hem of a dress
Pinning us together 

My reply was liberal
Left like a message under stone
It made me feel quite happy

Let’s eat blue ice cream laced in liquor under the sun
Stay a while in the alley
It is cool 
Laced profane delicious

There are dragons on the roof 
And fairies in the fire

I don't like her
The fury cleaner 
Dust and cheese in the pie

Cleaners destroy all evidence
Metal or flesh or souls 

The days are long 
The windows  gone

Girls have shields
Boys have swords

Nobody beats time

We are going on a bicycle ride
Prick up your hair
Pin back your skin

You dropped the keys
Such a silly mistake

Now I will lock myself out.

38 comments:

  1. I was fascinated to see what you would do with the TdeF prompt! And I wasn't disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you J Cosmo - I wasn't quite sure what would turn around either but It managed to squeak out...thank you!

      Delete
  2. Reads to me like a staccato series of phrases from a walk with a significant female adult ... as if I am on my tricycle and the nattering comments go on above and in my my head marring the sunshine. Imagine being pinned to her?! Imagine being pinned to darkness like a hem on a skirt! I hope the little one doesn't lock herself out for long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan...I think you may have summed up j's psyche in a paragraph...It has foxed the medical profession for some time..we were very pleased to be given the opportunity for a cycle ride...thanks

      Delete
  3. What fantastic images you have painted here Jae. I related to the locking oneself out seeing it was so expensive to get a locksmith to open up! Even coping with the fairies and dragons seem tame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Old Egg...fairies and dragons are a piece of cake...it's people that are tricksy buggers...always fascinated by locksmiths...presumably they can get into any building they desire...maybe they do!

      Delete
  4. I love the image of the fury cleaner and dislike her right along with you. "Nobody beats time" can be taken two ways and are both are correct. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ann...sometimes a bit if furious cleaning can be therapeutic but when you take it up a notch and wear the tabard and frown it can be a bit frightening! Thanks kindly

      Delete
  5. The days of Daisy, Daisy.... have long since gone it seems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although we are a little crazy - j and Alice that is..thank you. Jo-hanna!

      Delete
  6. I hope the little one is locked out for long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheilagh and I hope your vacation has taken a turn for the better :)

      Delete
  7. nobody beats time..so true beautiful poem Jae Rose:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to try some blue ice cream laced with liquor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always plenty to share..thank you kindly Belva..

      Delete
  9. You have such a way with slamming the point home: "Nobody beats time." Thud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Magical! A helping hand up...I hear rabbits with pocket watches may have some sway over time....not too keen on going down that hole again though ;)

      Delete
  10. This one hits close to me. Time robbed me of my bicycle. It took a physical therapist to get me back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice...I am glad you are up and cycling again with the wind in your hair hopefully!

      Delete
  11. I loved this, especially "I will carry an opiate bloom, pretty and dead, as my wedding bouquet."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jae-Rose,

    Off track, but fantasic for that excellently formed journey, as usual...

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen - you may fall off your bike if I stayed on the track!

      Delete
  13. I love the last line...sometimes we need to sit in the silence...of course no key's required...but for starters it's maybe useful thing! ~ Nice, refreshing, especially with blue icecream ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you humbird...silence can be a wonderful thing... Ice cream even better ;)

      Delete
  14. Very nice, felt like what goes through my mind as I bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GL - steady as you go in which case!

      Delete
  15. blue icecream!- "mouth watering"... i love the way the repetition at the end is so effective and the way you lock yourself out in the wild open full of fresh possibilities... lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a treat..thank you kindly Arushi..

      Delete
  16. once again I get to see perhaps; a little magic "locked" in mystery...hope you have been doing good,,been away(myself) a little while but I read...glad you are "keeping on keeping on",,,reckon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you just the other day! Very good to see you back and yes...keeping on keeping on...reckon so...thank you

      Delete
  17. I have often felt incapable of putting any comment on the contents your brilliant poems weaved through an amazing mind and heart you seem to have been blessed with... so I won't..I carry some words with me...

    RS:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ramesh...we are happy you share our words..i imagine you would turn them into something moon filled..thank you :)

      Delete
  18. I like the fury cleaner. ..or the fury anything. What I don't like is drowning in a sea of pious phoney treacled hypocrisy with its cloying gentleness, suffocating the life force of all before it...soft smothering torture by packing a person's nostrils with pristine white blessed feathers and healing oils to the soft strains of a lyre harp and meditative mantras of LURVE.
    WHAT? Did not just larf and say FUCK did you? Well, that's it..
    there will be consequences for you my big hair'd girl... nemesis of the wacko bullshit medico fraternity!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dear Rallentanda..have you been with me this past forty-eight hours..oh yes there were some fuck you's...but never to my friends..with them it's funny exposing the cloying bullshit hypocrisy (that's you :)

      Delete
  19. To be locked out just because the keys are lost. Somewhat terrible to think! Nicely Jae!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends which side of the door you're on I suppose! Thank you kindly Hank

      Delete