The bell rings
Just as you lift me
Up
The bottle rattles to the floor
Wake up
WAKE UP
The doorway
Five minutes a
Home
There is no place
Like
I try to pick it up
Make the most
You know
But the clang is final
Leaves
Me
Empty
Never enough
powder silver dust
Paper teardrop on the shelf
Candy heart in the fridge
Rotting
Insubstantial
It’s not what we need, you see
You disappear
She comes
Tutting and strutting
Far from affable
I hit my head
Which one of you is actually here
Ah, silly
Nothing left to feel
The clothes are wet
They dry
Crusty
Sore
Galvanise around us like a white sheet
Bones soaked from the war inside
I move at angles
My range difficult
Crusty
Sore
A swift kick of a chair
No desire to get up
From
The
Floor
Yesterday oozes out like a retreat of soldiers
I want
I want
No
Place
Like
We forget
We cry
Stuck in the smell and spin
Of the daisy wheel.
Being stuck in the smell and spin of the daisy wheel sounds like a most uncomfortable place to be. I hope there is a way out.
ReplyDeleteI guess if you get in you can get out again..just need a stiff cup of tea..and a biscuit..thank you Mary
DeleteOne of my favorites of yours, Jae!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Laurie
DeleteI can only hope that I never have to experience that kind of mind numbing torture.
ReplyDeleteIt's not wall to wall fun granted..both numbing and annoyingly loud..thank you Stormcat..
DeleteStuck in the smell and spin of the daisy wheel sounds like a torture I'm sorry you've suffered like that I hope you find a way to get off that wheel.
ReplyDeleteWe do and then we don't..I guess that's true of many things..thank you Sheilagh..
Delete'There are soldiers in the daisy wheels' ~ I love this image, so fresh' ,and new character in your poem 'My range difficult
ReplyDeleteCrusty
Sore
A swift kick of a chair
No desire to get up ' ~ and maybe hopefully he/she/both will get home...because 'no place like' ~ Nice
I think we'll know it when we get there..thank you kindly humbird..
Delete"Yesterday oozes out like a retreat of soldiers"- very powerful image Jae Rose! The discomfort of the situation is very tangible.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Gabriella..
DeleteStuck in the daisy wheel where most are. At one end is the busy and productive and at the other those stuck in the rut! Both are busy with their own thing. Great one Jae!
ReplyDeleteHank
Nicely put Hank - thank you!
DeleteYesterday oozes out like a retreat of soldiers - what a great line that is. This sounds painful. I love the daisy wheel image very much.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Sherry..not even sure what a daisy wheel is..just felt like one! .. maybe a cross between a Catherine wheel and a daisy chain..
DeleteJae,
ReplyDeleteYou have told of a most horrible experience. One to be avoided, if lucky in life...
Eileen
Thank you Eileen..yes..probably best avoided
DeleteThis actually like a relatively peaceful day. At least the soldiers retreat, rather than using the cover of night to bring white powder and puddles of black blood.
ReplyDeleteGood point Alice - no explosions or catastrophes..just soldiering on! Thank you kindly
Deletethis poem promoted many visuals for me... different scenes..with a variety of people stuck in never ending circle...
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Robert..no matter the combination of people and place sometimes you just get stuck
DeleteHow well you put in words the nightmarish situations that many of us have dreams about. I think it is said that if you can talk and write about your fears they become more controllable. I hope that works for you.
ReplyDeleteI think it does thank you Old Egg..you have to be in charge of one world at least..and it certainly isn't the one beyond the front door
DeleteDamn wheel! Just when I think safety is achieved the thing rolls in again.
ReplyDeleteLike a roulette wheel..hadn't thought of it like that..thank you Kim..as long as it's a practise game with pennies and low stakes it's ok (ish)
DeleteWe chase where we wish to be while spinning in a rut....well penned
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Susie..
Delete"Galvanise around us like a white sheet
ReplyDeleteBones soaked from the war inside”
I have that picture in my mind long after I finished reading. Great piece.
Thank you very much Bing Yap..
DeleteIt's interesting how words, when penned together, can create such an image. Very well done....
ReplyDeleteIt is a bit like pulling out scrabble tiles isn't it! Thanks very much Rebecca..
DeleteThere are soldiers in the daisy wheels - evocative, haunting, painful.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Bon..
DeleteThere are soldiers in the daisy wheels...turmoil and dissent. This reminds me of a movie I have just seen called "The Book Thief" where retreat into words and imagery of the mind becomes salvation.
ReplyDeleteExactly that..thank you Rallentanda..always liked the cover of that book..
Delete"Bones soaked from the war inside" Wow. This one twirls!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Gila..always good to twirl!
DeleteDear Jae I've decided we are each given at least one mountain, some have been given a whole mountain range. May your feet find the easy path, climbing mountains all the time is exhausting. Wonderful images, longing for spring, a time of 'easy.' hugs
ReplyDeleteIt does feel like that at times Annell..although i suspect some of those mountains 'we' create for ourselves..as if one isn't hard enough..easy spring hugs back to you x
DeleteI like the line: Bones soaked from the war inside. Most battles are within. This is excellent.
ReplyDeleteI think so too..and the own worst enemy line often applies as well..thank you kindly Belva..
DeleteLoved 'Wheel,' Jae, a whirl, a conglomeration of bizarre happenings occurring too fast for taking it slow like breakfast at seven-thirty watching the sun come up, not like a DDS blur, even if it is from the early days, it’s still too fast, like spoke cards in bike wheels, leaves a reverberation of chaos…
ReplyDeleteWe have chaos down that's for sure..thank you dear Miss A x
Delete