I look out of the night-time window, hear little cricket(s) and ponder. Bury me with the lies I told, and remember me for my truths. The lies and truths are not balanced. Everything I have said or done has been meant with truthfulness and candour. The biggest lies I have told have been spoken loud and clearly and only to myself - you are not worth life - you are not worth living (well) - and even that thought shifts and blinks like stars and clouds. All to be carried away.
It is not important whether I remembered or not. The biggest gift of death is that lies and truths sink into the earth and are long forgotten as the days shuffle on. When I go, she will go and our energy will feed the plants and so the birds. And those birds will soar forever.
Jae, I love how you paired the given lyric:
ReplyDelete"Bury me with the lies I told, and remember me for my truths."
Beautiful prose reflections.
Oh, how true, Jae, ‘The biggest gift of death is that lies and truths sink into the earth and are long forgotten as the days shuffle on’. I love the thought that ‘our energy will feed the plants and so the birds. And those birds will soar forever’.
ReplyDeleteI love the thought how the truth will soar with the birds.
ReplyDeleteI love "remember me for my truths." Yes, the biggest lies are when we tell ourselves we are not worthy. Thankfully, we learn better as we grow older. I really love that closing line, "those birds will soar forever." Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteJae, your prose struck a chord with me [as it normally does, but this time a bit louder.] I have composed a letter to my children and grandchildren to be read after I am gone. In it I thank them for looking past/forgiving my missteps, my blunders. The only negative line in the letter, but I felt it important. Like you, I wish to be remembered by generosity, truth, positivity.
ReplyDeleteSome of the worst lies we tell are to ourselves.
ReplyDelete