In this new day I wish you a full deep breath
Eyes sleepily opening onto a fresh morning
I wish you stars and flowers and peppermint creams
I wish you would love yourself as much as I love you
I wish to hold your hand for eternity
As we teach ourselves to sing and dance happily
I wish for apple trees and summer skies
Ice cream and salty waves
I wish not for more days, but better days
Minutes gladly spent not endured
Mostly, in our new beginning, I hope we learn how to forgive ourselves-
And love our individual lives as much as we love one another.
Such a beautiful poem full of love and warmth. Goodness..I think you may have been transformed into an angel:)
ReplyDeleteJae, this is so lovely. Such beautiful and compassionare wishes......a wonderful new beginning to start the year off!!!
ReplyDelete"I wish not for more days, but better days
ReplyDeleteMinutes gladly spent not endured"
Everything in this poem moves me, Jae Rose. Roses and forgiveness. We could be good to ourselves.
This is a beautiful poem, Jae. I especially like these word:
ReplyDelete"I wish not for more days, but better days
Minutes gladly spent not endured"
Such good thoughts to begin the new year.
Beautiful a very uplifting poem which makes your heart jump
ReplyDeleteA poem full of love and compassion; so beautiful Jae. My favorite lines :
ReplyDeleteMostly, in our new beginning, I hope we learn how to forgive ourselves-
And love our individual lives as much as we love one another."