With every beat - Lub-Dub - my heart heals
With all the scars of inner wars coating it
Maybe it will be strong enough to weather a few more storms
I like that healing has a beat -
Sometimes regular - sometimes slow - sometimes racing
But always working towards a more regular and soothing beat
If I close my eyes and steady my breaths
I can tune into the rhythm I need to follow
I close my eyes, sit up straight and let the air flow in and out my nose
I imagine my heart as a tender rose that needs care and gentle loving
If only I could look inside to see that it was red and soft
Bright as a rose placed on a window sill
As it is, I feel it in my chest and head
My hurting heart is a gift that needs re-wrapping
Tied compassionately with a bow and given to my soul.
I so love "I imagine my heart as a tender rose" and "My hurting heart is a gift that needs re-wrapping/Tied compassionately with a bow and given to my soul." Wonderful, Jae.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem I love "I imagine my heart as a tender rose that needs care and gentle loving" and I am sure it is red and soft I also love "that healing has a beat" I can feel it
ReplyDeleteI like the idea that healing has a beat! Always continuing on, sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker....but still living!
ReplyDelete"I like that healing has a beat "
ReplyDeleteAnd I like that the heart is a rose you might wrap and give to your soul. Such tenderness!
A beautiful compassionate poem. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI too sometimes "like that healing has a beat - " perhaps even a "throb".
ReplyDeleteHealing does have a rhythm to it -not always the same. I love your last two lines.
ReplyDelete