Peace and quiet is the most delicious combination -
Like pink and white marshmallows melting on hot chocolate
A dawn-time treat and a sweetness that seems to linger
It is only in the dark-quiet hours that I can feel a connection -
To myself and to the world
The owls in the tree outside call and sing
Sometimes, there are stars and a crescent moon
After silent mornings, I love sinking into bed in the afternoon -
Finally feeling safe, and able to sleep and dream
Perhaps this is my (second) favourite combination -
Comfort and dissociation
Today will be a pattern I follow, neat as stitches
Tomorrow, likely the same - perhaps this is my (third) favourite combination
I stretch and try to smile - In this moment everything sinks
Colours, flavours, feelings and thoughts
Far better than falling down the Rabbit Hole (perhaps).
Great combos I must say
ReplyDelete'Peace and quiet is the most delicious combination' exactly I second that and I love ' a pattern I follow as stiches' Beautiful poem
ReplyDeleteIt all sounds and feels absolutely delightful! (Despite that final 'perhaps'.)
ReplyDeleteThis is so lovely. Peace and comfort, and owls singing outside your window.
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed this. Find what works. Do it. Repeat.
ReplyDeleteI still have a nostalgia for the noise and chaos of my youth but these days it's definitely more about peace and quiet! Nicely done Jae 👏
ReplyDeleteThe dark and quiet and a big soft squishy comfortable bed....YES
ReplyDeleteExcellent combinations, Jae!
ReplyDelete