It is a stale kind of wisdom
Salty tears dripping in the night
All around us is electricity
A charge which resonates deep within
We coil our feet
Have a bitter longing for time
The leaves are dead and green
They line the ground
We walk over the same sites
Pick at the old wounds
Take the needle in our hands
It is a false charm
We sink and wave
All a class
Ripped clothes
Youth dwindling
A tart taste upon our lips.
wow! such wisdom :)
ReplyDeleteI like the way your poem starts with 'a stale kind of wisdom' and 'salty tears', and ends with a 'tart taste upon our lips', subtly suggesting something has been learned or gained from the repeated experiences of walking over the same sites and picking at the old wounds.
ReplyDeleteI loved it and wanted this poem to go on Jae as I got into the rhythm of it. I think it was that universal word tart that has so many meanings leaving me wondering what would happen after that wave. If only we could find wisdom when we needed it!
ReplyDeleteYour reflection on wisdom is 'right on target.' And yes, it does sometimes leave a tart taste on one's lips.
ReplyDeleteI think many of us pick at our old wounds. If we could just learn to leave them alone, we would be ever so much better off. Alas, we are weak and frail humans, and the wounds are ripe for the picking.
ReplyDeleteI so think one sometimes pick at the old wounds. I think it is because one is not fully healed and something triggers the pain once again.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think we all long for time..even if it is is bitter...
This is so sad from dtsle wisfom to tart taste
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday Jae
Much🖤💛💚love
I see those salty tears in the night and feel the longing for time (do I ever! Smiles.) Wishing you a peaceful Sunday, my friend. I am always happy to read you.
ReplyDeleteAn acidic kind of wisdom wp
ReplyDeleteLove the descriptions here.
ReplyDeleteAll experience does bring on a wisdom of some form. This is laced with sadness, but woven with poetic beauty!
ReplyDeleteWisdom too has a price. Bittersweet that taste of wisdom and salty tears in the night.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to read you again. Hope you're well.
Boot it again and clean the glass...
ReplyDeleteVery interesting take...
ZQ
Those leaves, "dead and green", make such a powerful statement... say so much about appearances and perspective... about the true nature of things...
ReplyDeleteI love, "a stale kind of wisdom" and your ending on this. Who doesn't pick at old wounds.
ReplyDelete