Saturday, 27 October 2018

Tree

We sit beneath the burdock tree
Lost stumps
And willow
Child like voices
Silver unrest
A brother in the nursery
We are lost
Like eggs boiling in the night
We sing and drive
Find the corn spray
A breeze
Misty and attentive
We run under skies
Sit beneath the burdock tree.

12 comments:

  1. There's a very unsettling fairy tale feel here, as if there are ghosts hiding in those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To sing and drive is the way to go, yes!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really conveyed well the feeling of being lost in the unrest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of being willow children.

    I don't know what a burdock tree is, but I'm going to look it up.

    I love everything about this poem and am enjoying working over different possibilities in my mind.

    "Silver unrest
    A brother in the nursery"

    This is one of my favorite parts --- I love the phrase "silver unrest," and I like that this could be a baby nursery, a church nursery, or a plant nursery. And "like eggs boiling in the night" is so stark and original. I love it.

    Impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something eerie when you mix those images of sitting under a tree (like Alice) and the movement of unrest... excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lostness comes through--and feels quite like abandonment on the one hand and like non-dependence on the other. A sad moment switching from relying on another to self-reliance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lines "we sit under the burdock tree, lost stumps and willow". Also "misty and attentive....." Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The words "silver unrest", and "like eggs boiling in the night" made me think of my own approaching old age and ending. The whole poem has a somber feel, like the dark side of life. Very thought provoking and very well done. Nice Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How often as children did we hide, whether for fun or from fear as we slowly emerged with minds of our own to exlore our world. How else would we learn except through trial an error. I don't think kids do that so quite so much these days except in their teens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, nice haunted feel. Well done@

    ReplyDelete