Sunday, 7 October 2018

Clouds

We dance and prance amongst the clouds
All just a fight we bring to the table
We speak of loss and leave
The crowds delight
It is a tumult of time
Such a waste
We take a deep breath
Find our balance
We want to write our story
But we fall short
Not enough words in the bank to pepper and spray the page
We choose a route that makes it hard to breathe
Water falls through the ceiling
We dare not move
Instead we tune in our head to the sound of our own song
Dance and prance amongst the clouds
Make do and mend
Dream and fancy
All just a story we write and play.


13 comments:

  1. In the end, we are writing and acting our own stories — we choose the route even when it makes it hard to breathe.
    This aspiration to find a balance between our own actions and its shortcomings is very well stated here — a deeply thoughtful and reflective verse.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the idea of dancing and prancing amongst the clouds. Those little ambitions should not be ignored always believing that wonderful things can be done. If we dream them why can we do them too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to write one's story, even if one falls short. At least one will have part of the story of one's life, which is no small thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes sometimes its hard - writers block
    "Not enough words in the bank to pepper and spray the page"


    A happy and creative Sunday to you Jae

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanting to write the story of my life, but falling short. Yes, that's how it is. Maybe the secret is in the very last word of your poem: play. Maybe if I play more, I can write more, and write truer too. Does it work that way for you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing in the clouds, finding a balance, hearing our own song ... all so necessary.

    I might take issue with the word 'just' in last line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making do and mending dreams--this poem soars and these lines tether it as it does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the dancing and prancing among the clouds. And "we tune in our head to the sound of our own song." How wonderful. Another beautiful poem, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dance is all about dreaming isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dancing and prancing among the clouds, Jae, but what a pity to fall short and not have enough words 'to pepper and spray the page'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the broad spectrum in this poem - it offers both a more wide view and a more personal one; it delicately plays with relationships and how we relate, not only to others, or one other, but also to the self - and how so often, these stories, our stories, they unfold - both through choice, and dreams, too - but also, as they just will; which makes me think on the "clouds" - and how this leads me to the stars and the universe - and then my mind wanders to the cosmos - and the questioning of whether things are truly within one's reach, or whether destiny, fate etc. are forces greater than ....

    there is a rich delicacy within this poem - and as I've said, I like the different interpretations I'm left with, after several readings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We want to write our story but we fall short....this resonates with me. Love this.

    ReplyDelete