Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Lullaby

She sings sweet lullabies
Deep into the night
All around us is chaos but her words sing true
The peppermint clouds overwhelm our mind
She sings sweet lullabies
Deep into the night
Our fingernails are burnt and broken
The dust has settled on our knees
We do not have the strength to stand up again
She sings sweet lullabies
Deep into the night
All around us is chaos but her words sing true.

12 comments:

  1. Today I am grateful for the poet who sings a true path through the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise the strength to sing sweetness in spite of such loss. Love peppermint cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love " All around us is chaos, but her words sing true." Perhaps in listening to the lullabies, strength will come to stand again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poem reminds me of my mum, who sang to me when I was little and I thought her voice was the most wonderful thing I'd ever heard. I love the line:
    'All around us is chaos but her words sing true'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the repetition, singing sweet lullabies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need the security of that soothing voice of the one we love and trust. her lullaby guarding us from the ills of the world. When we are stronger, we will stand, grateful for that lullaby, that love.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  7. She sings sweet lullabies
    Deep into the night
    All around us is chaos
    but her words sing true.

    There has to be a voice of reason to keep things in place.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you can rely on the comfort of the sweet lullabies when things don't go right and chaos reigns. I think everyone needs a safe haven of a friend or place which puts things back and right in ones mind. Your descriptive poems are always a delight Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "A truth speaker or singer" is rare. You are the lucky one to have her near.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful!💞 Especially love; "She sings sweet lullabies. Deep into the night all around us is chaos but her words sing true."💞

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you have a lullaby singer in your life then all is well.Very reassuring poem.

    ReplyDelete