We wash yesterday's blisters
Soften the skin
Make it numb and sad
A building in each hand
A frozen rope
A coffee cup
Rasping hazy saint
It is a crazy kind of existence
Entombed in cans
Folded in earth
We long for mountains
A wish of paintings
Still and even
Instead we have holy gusts
A poor home
Broken skin
We wash yesterday's blisters
Soften the skin
Make it numb and sad.
I think existence is crazy, no matter how you look at it. However, writing poetry does some to blunt some of the craziness!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, we do yearn for those mountains! Despite yesterday's blisters, the mountains give hope.
ReplyDelete"Folded in earth, we long for mountains." Yes, we do. Something to raise our eyes upward. Have a sweet Sunday, Jae.
ReplyDeleteOh how we wish for mountains and horizons... being tethered into now can be so painful
ReplyDelete"Folded in earth, we long for mountains." Such longing in this!!
ReplyDeleteOh what a sad life of longing when all we have is...
ReplyDelete'A poor home
Broken skin
We wash yesterday's blisters
Soften the skin
Make it numb and sad.'
I am happy to say those blisters are no longer numb for me although I have to be careful lest I succumb to the numbing again.
Donna@LivingFromHappiness
"It is a crazy kind of existence"
ReplyDeleteJust perfect line placement.
We long for mountains, fresh air so we can breathe.
ReplyDeleteMountains and "a wish of paintings" are good longings! Not to long would be worse, I think. While one longs, one is not resigned.
ReplyDeleteSad but true! Right on target Jae.
ReplyDeleteZQ
"Rasping hazy saint" ... I love this line, and the first three.
ReplyDeleteFolded in the earth we long for mountains...what an amazing line. So much longing in this. Have a happy week.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is a crazy existence. Hopefully, we can soften the blisters and see mountains - glimpses of stability.
ReplyDeleteWe wash yesterday's blisters
ReplyDeleteSoften the skin
Make it numb and sad.
One has to take pains to nurture it. It needs the support of those dear to their heart!
Hank
I sometimes spend to much time washing yesterday's blisters and have to give myself a nudge. Thank you for supplying me with one,,, :-)
ReplyDeleteI sometimes spend to much time washing yesterday's blisters, I need a nudge to move forward, thank you for the nudge :-)
ReplyDeleteMore of your telling quick bursts of fire, all hitting the mark.
ReplyDeleteTelling bursts!
ReplyDeleteI don't think anyone writes so well as you Jae about their inner torments and sad vision of life. I am always hoping you will climb to the top of the hill and see how beautiful the world is and write about that.
ReplyDelete