Saturday, 27 May 2017

Picture



It is hard to remember who we are
There is a picture somewhere
Crumbs on a plate
Huffing silver clouds
To pass the days
Hanging on an edge
Blue cold season storms
Snapping cracking
A bolt of lightning
Rumbling through bones and veins
An uneasy marriage 
Thought and body overlapping
Crimped limbs aching sighing
Stones cracking in the grass
In the night
We clutch at dreams 
There is never an end
We are capable and cruel 
Lost
Cold
I am scared she whispers
Everyone has gone away
We are in this maze
Praying
Huffing silver clouds
To pass the days 
No way out
Innocent traces lost
Huffing silver clouds 
To pass the days 

It is hard to remember who we are
There is a picture
Somewhere.

56 comments:

  1. Thank you Old Egg - the maze is a mighty beast to conquer.. We hope to find all the pieces of ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are capable and cruel
    That line hit me!
    Pictures end up reminding us who we were or who we thought we are

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the photo, Jae Rose. It is lovely to see you. Such poignancy in "huffing silver clouds to pass the days." Perhaps it is hard to see our way clearly when befogged by clouds? I note the uneasy marriage of thought and body. And like the weather brought into the poem to heighten the tension. You sure can write, girl! You have a voice all your own, that is unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the air is defining to hazy to see a clear path - thank you as ever for your insights Sherry

      Delete
    2. The sense of weariness in the poem is palpable...

      Delete
    3. Weary is the perfect word - thank you Thotpurge

      Delete
  4. We clutch at dreams
    There is never an end
    We are capable and cruel
    Lost
    Cold

    This is so haunting and yet so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We clutch at dreams
    There is never an end
    We are capable and cruel"~ This is brilliant. I loved the poem, Profound and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like to see your picture, Jae, read your words. When talking about the maze, remember - we always can change the perspective, wait for sun to appear again, and don't forget about our light, within us...Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are many of us contained in this form we carry. Pictures remind us exactly if that...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  8. great day for cloud reflections Jae, A blessed Ascension Sunday to you

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. "We clutch at dreams" this is the line for me these days...yes clutch we do...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how your words hinted at the idea of a maze - something with hard boundaries, impossible to find short cuts around and baffling, before you actually used the word maze in the piece. When the word was finally used it cemented that terrible uncertainty you built up earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rommy - I always appreciate your insights

      Delete
  11. There is a picture somewhere, perhaps in the middle of life's maze. We think we've found it then realise we can't find the way back again. Hey-ho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can feel exactly like that - Hey-Ho indeed thank you Keith

      Delete
  12. I am, perhaps, "huffing silver clouds" in the maze where many everyones have gone away. This is such a portrayal of the vulnerability of old age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does creep up quite unexpectedly - thank you indybev

      Delete
  13. There is a picture somewhere, yet when we find it, or if we find it, we are no longer that "someone," we are differnt than the picture, which captured a moment, no we are no long that "someone." We are someone else, now, and changing with each tick of the clock. Hard to keep up, sometimes want time to slow down, but other times, we want it to speed up. Never satisfied. Hard to stay right in this moment. Count the gifts right here, right now. Always we want something else, somewhere else. Maybe when we realize there is no where else, and it is here now, that we can find satisfication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope and wish for that moment - thank you as ever for your perceptive comment Annell xo

      Delete
  14. Many memorable lines, here, as well as food for thought.
    Ever the optimist, I trust there is a way through the maze to the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We much appreciate your optimism - thank you colonialist

      Delete
  15. If you spend your life looking to the past, you are bound to lose yourself in the maze of what is already done and gone. Far better to start now, gathering pictures of what you want and wish to be and spend each moment doing whatever will move you toward that destination. We only have this present moment, why waste it?

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As ever I greatly appreciate your guiding light - thank you Elizabeth

      Delete
  16. This is so very hard... losing your grip looking a picture... on the other hand maybe there is something other on the other side...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope there will be - thank you Bjorn

      Delete
  17. I so relate to the last stanza. So well said. Our bodies are too often an "uneasy marriage."

    ReplyDelete
  18. To not remember who one is is one of life's greatest sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may well be..thanks Magical

      Delete
  19. wow. So piercing and well written!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sometimes life does feel like a maze with none of the touchstones that remind us who we are and where we are going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy - I love the image of those touchstones

      Delete
  21. Great expression of a search to this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not at all sure that I can recall who I am--not now, sometimes, not ever--but I know who I want to be--beautiful imagery throughout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a positive way of looking at things..thank you Audrey

      Delete
  23. Great lines...such creativity...now catch some golden clouds that are in wait!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The 'crumbs on a plate' make me think it's the little pieces of ourselves we leave behind all while maintaining a bigger piece if we just look. Thought provoking write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you colorfulpen - it's all about the looking ;)

      Delete
  25. There are pictures, but hard to decipher at times. Very well put.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am scared she whispers
    Everyone has gone away
    We are in this maze
    Praying

    One suddenly feels uneasy and alone. Scary dreams are not helping either! Often the case! Wonderful write Jae!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete