There is a box for an ornate mirror
Lying on the ground
He repairs watches
I lose time
You can be saved
If that's what you want
She wears six inch stilettos in the frost
Decisions decisions
A green sticker stuck to the curb
A devious frown little clown
They measure the widths of me
But they can't size me up
Do you enjoy being sutured
No
I stitch myself up
Black threads
Head threads
Dead threads
All of you running through me
Like poison
A venom
With no antidote
Everybody grows old
If not up
Except me
She whispers in the dark
I am the cherry on the powder cake
Yes my sweet you are
What would I say to you
What would you say to me
If any of this were real
More than a poisonous dream
I feel nothing
The same as you
The apple never falls far from the tree
Ooh apples she claps her hands in glee
How can you find what you want
If you don’t know what you want
She sighs
Why can’t you just stop thinking
Trip fall sink in
Let the powder take you down
Nothing more than a sweet kiss
My love for you
Is more real
Than anything you will ever know
I turn in the sheets
In the stitches and threads
Stuck in the bed
In my head
I know my sweet
I know
Love is high apple pie in the sky hopes
Buried in the dust of another falling day.
Love is that. You know it. I Love "Why can’t you just stop thinking
ReplyDeleteTrip fall sink in."
Thank you Susan...friends you can trust...even fairytale ones...can be just that!
DeleteToo much thinking can do one in, that's for sure. There's a sweet spot for that sort of thing, somewhere between never thinking at all and ruminating. Much of what passes for help these days falls into the latter category, but if you think too much on your troubles, you will become your troubles.
ReplyDeleteNot a bad idea to get the watch fixed, though.
Sound advice...on all counts...we will make our way to the watch maker...thank you kindly Ann
DeleteYes, more important what do you feeling not thinking...Love x
ReplyDeleteThank you humbird xo
Deletelovely ending for this... stitches and threads and all
ReplyDeleteThank you Wolfsrose...
DeleteLove is high apple pie in the sky hopes
ReplyDeleteBuried in the dust of another falling day.
Love is there in friendship, in the dawning of a new day, in the falling of a snowflake trust that love is there.
Thank you Sheilagh..we will start looking...
Delete"They measure the widths of me But they cant size me up." This strikes me. Their limitations, kiddo. Your poignant closing lines ping my heart. I want to send you a puppy! (My cure for all sadness.) Truly, your writing is a wonder, Jae Rose.
ReplyDeleteThank you so Sherry - oh yes a puppy would be nice...far more helpful and wiser than most people doing the measuring :)
Deleteall the images in every line are striking and I love the way you weave truths into them... "Everybody grows old / If not up"...this is almost like an adage....
ReplyDeleteThank you for spotting them Sumana!
DeleteTrue and deep. Nice words.
ReplyDelete"How can you find what you want
If you don’t know what you want".
I could do with some of that apple pie! Actually on second thoughts....
ReplyDeleteI'd steer clear if I were you Keith...there are better pies to sample (thank you)
DeleteWhat a wail it feels like.... so many wonderful lines and thoughts... the ending is marvelous.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much George
DeleteThe last two lines will stay with me. Great job.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much Gail - and for the link to the conversation...still trying to figure it out!
DeleteDream-like...I feel, it holds a bitter-sweet quality...and the shape pulls one down in a spiraling effect. Great work.
ReplyDeleteDream-like...I feel, it holds a bitter-sweet quality...and the shape pulls one down in a spiraling effect. Great work.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Hannah..bitter-sweet sums it up perfectly
DeleteI think we only appreciate things when we lose them. However 'Loss" is the crux of your writing isn't it? However when we look around we see how rich we are despite the gaps in our lives. A stunning piece of work again Jae!
ReplyDeleteThank you Old Egg - yes i suppose it is - question is what i suppose...or maybe..as you say..look around and see what (and who) are there...thank you
Deletedeeply felt. great job
ReplyDeleteThanks Daily Panic (great name - we panic daily too ;)
DeleteThe image of the poisonous threads pops for me. It runs so contrary to the cherry-sweet innocence.
ReplyDeleteWhich one of us - j or Alice- is contrary to the cherry i wonder...thank you for leaving that little thread for me to work on...thank you (other) Alice
DeleteI had read this before. It's not just deja vue, right? Regardless, it's a poem I love for all its questioning, its sadness, and the artful way in which you express these. Whatever mood goes down, must go up. Just wait.
ReplyDeleteWell j's days are deja vu so quite possibly yes you have read this before - just the words were in a different order! Thank you Myrna ;)
Delete" My love for you
ReplyDeleteIs more real
Than anything you will ever know"
It is wonderful to find somehow that you feel that way about or who feels that way about you. Beautifully expressed.
Thank you Mary - imagination and words hopefully can't file for divorce ;)
DeleteYes love is thought to be lofty but is often found hidden below.
ReplyDeleteI like that idea..thank you GL
DeleteI admire the setting and conversation ~ I thought this description is really original:
ReplyDeleteI am the cherry on the powder cake
Enjoyed this one Jae ~ Grace
Thank you very much Grace
DeleteThose last two lines, in particular, are oh so captivating!
ReplyDeleteThank you CC!
DeleteLove is high apple pie in the sky hopes
ReplyDeleteBuried in the dust of another falling day.
Love is always subject to mixed fortunes. Great ending Jae!
Hank
That's true - thank you Hank
Delete"You can be saved
ReplyDeleteIf that's what you want"
If only we knew what we wanted. And if saving were the answer. We shall continue our quest to find what we want, won't we Jae?
Yes we will Monica...we must we must..thank you - and good to see you...sorry slow on reading others work at the moment
DeleteLove is high apple pie in the sky
ReplyDeleteMe, I'll settle for someone to bring me a nice cup of tea and fold the washing
Yes I know ....pathetic:)
Not pathetic at all rallantanda..anything to help with the monotony of every day life ;)
Deletethe apple...always the apple...:)
ReplyDeleteIt's a fruit which carries much weight! Thank you Sandra :)
Delete