Sunday, 24 March 2013

Sand


My mind
Is
Disguised
Buried
In
A
Sand
Jar
Waiting
To
Drip
Drip
Like
Time
Silently
Falling
Lost
Lost
Forever
Forgotten
Who
I
Am
Who
Am
I
I keep the filthy stick it together tape
On my body
The smell intoxicating as thought
Think
Think
Of what is inside
What cannot be stolen
You are
You are
I am
I am
I cannot choose the right shoes
There is nowhere to walk
Turning circles
Left to right
Right to left
All so very pointless
I wish
I wish
I had not
Whispered
Help
The second day
Of the second month
When time stopped
When I stopped
The paper cross defeated me
I am empty

My mind disguised
Waiting to be buried

I will make red markers
Come back to collect
What has been stolen
What will always be mine.






26 comments:

  1. Oh, I so like the last verse where I know you still have your power. It is a total poem itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No where to walk - I know that sadness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you do..hope it is no longer so..

      Delete
  3. Dearest I hear you. If only there was a way to catch you you, and hold you, and keep you safe. Sending you all my love.xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some things they can take, but never keep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True indeed..the cunning plan..let them think they have taken what they want to dismember..but secretly chuckle inside knowing never never will they take..or keep me..

      Delete
  5. Forceful and quite effective...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that in writing truth mixed with fiction makes for interesting and enjoyable reading. Total fiction is unbelievable but total truth is unbearably painful. Regardless of the metaphors this piece is for weeping over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OldEgg..i guess i'm in the write what you know camp -be that actual experience or inside head experience..thank you..

      Delete
  7. as usual jae, your poetry is so deep and psychological...makes me
    go inward and think. TY

    ReplyDelete
  8. your mind and what you know is the only thing that is sacred...all else is availale to the vultures..don't mark them red..paint them red...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OldGrizz..I shall be sure to visit B&Q and get some bright red gloss paint..i can imagine my words writ large on the homes of the arseholes who have torn me from mine..something along the lines of fuck you muchly..

      Delete
  9. No one has the power to take or keep you, Jae. You are the master, creator, teller of this story. It is yours. You are it. You.

    So strong, this write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kim..i guess that will continue even if I can't write it down any more.. x

      Delete
  10. Love the journey you took as you danced these words down the page. Starting with confusion and fear and all the questions they hang on us. But that last verse is spring as the small green growing things burst from the still cold earth and clarify for each of us, just who we are and that we have survived to arrive again. Wonderful writing, Jae,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth..it did spill out like a journey looking at it now...i hope when it comes to it i can employ actual bravery..

      Delete
  11. Jae, I like how the words spill down the page, nicely done.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice rhythm, I enjoyed this one. I'll have to read some more when I have more time. Thanks for writing, it's wonderful to read.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was fast like a quick sand. was looking for something to hold on to... i still fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it was a soft landing..thank you totomai..

      Delete