One sings Jesus
The other shouts chandeliers
It should be curious
It is not
It is not
We walk around our edgy little circle
Neck stiff
Silver
Poking through
Poking through
Pin head lost in thread
Oxidised
Lost inside
Lost inside
If we were more lithe
We would jump to the moon
Over the roof
And far away
Past the crows
Who pitter-patter
Over the plastic slates
Black icons
Sharp beaks
Camera eyes
What
Will be
Will be
Time disappears
Yet aches
Red scarf
Over moon
Dance and fly
Say good bye
If only
If only
We could look up
Mud dusty on shoes
Calendar stopped
Red pen letter by the phone
The strange smell
Of what
We were
We were
We silently walk around
Our little nightmare.
Don't believe in that 'que sera que sera' nonsense. We are our own destiny. We plan, we plan.
ReplyDeleteOr as Sylvia said to prepare and to prepare..thank you Old Egg..
DeleteHey, Robin, are you dissing my beloved Doris Day? Ha ha. And the truth is: We plan. God snickers. Love, Amy
Delete"the other shouts chandeliers" -- I thoroughly enjoyed this random tidbit. and isn't that what nightmares are? often random tidbits pieced together in a very eery way. "the strange smell of what we were" --another very nice job.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much April..
DeletePS how do i find your blog? I just tend to end up on google plus when i click on your name!
ReplyDeleteI read a message in the repeated lines. Clever writing, Jae. Stuck in the nightmare is a horror story come to life. Soon, you will awaken and begin a new chapter. You, like Sylvia, can prepare and prepare for wellness and freedom and triumph over Him.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kim..i do so hope..to prepare for better things than Sylvia perhaps..i hope..i will.. x
Deleteold egg is right we take charge, then we seek our own destiny overcoming things from the past that bog as down and seek to harm us, because our inner strength will not let them defeat us.
ReplyDeleteYes..internal strength is worth twice as much as real muscle..thank you Sheilagh..
DeleteInternal strength and belief in your worth will see you through.I know how difficult that is when every one is treating you like a piece of s... but you have to look at that as part of battle tactics.Stay strong,focus on survival and getting out of there!
ReplyDeleteThank you Rallentanda..am tentatively stepping into my suit of armour...
DeleteYou have to know you're in a nightmare in order to wake up and get out. Once you know it for what it is, it can no longer hurt you.
ReplyDeleteYou are so wise Ann..thank you
DeleteJae, I am one who was "born without bootstraps." It is hard to summon what nature did not grant you and nurture probably robbed you of the chance of developing. And yet I made it. So can you. This poem of the Reds is at once entrancing, alarming, and provocative. I loved it... keep the faith, babe! We all love you. Amy
ReplyDeletehttp://sharplittlepencil.com/2013/03/21/uncle-joe/
Thank you Amy..no bootstraps..only emergency exit velcro straps! ;)
DeleteI loved "If we were more lithe we would jump to the moon." (I would like that too.) Also....So true that what will be will be, but part of what will be we can influence. Even if it is only a small part, we don't have to just take destiny as being a given. We CAN jump, even if not as high as the moon. Fine writing again, Jae.
ReplyDeleteThank you Mary..maybe we can share a cup of tea on the moon and some cheese on toast!
Deletescrew Sylvia. What is it they say about how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Just keep chewing. You are at the bottom of a huge ferris wheel and it seems so dark and crowded but I am looking forward to the time when the wheel spins round again and you are viewing the world from the top. I love your writing - it shines through all the dust and silver...always.
ReplyDeleteaarg hope I am not posting this comment twice - blogger went weird on me..if it is a duplicate feel free to delete!
ReplyDeleteSCREW Sylvia! What is it they say about eating an elephant? One bite at a time. Keep chewing! You are at the bottom of a huge ferris wheel and it seems so dark and crowded. How can you see when you are at the bottom? But I look forward to the wheel slowly turning and bringing you back out into the light where you can see for miles and we can wave at you from the ground as you fling your beautiful words around us...always!!
Thank you Dee..sorry for blogger madness..maybe it reflects that bloody Ferris wheel..round and round..hope to meet you up the top one day soon..always a pleasure flinging and receiving words x
DeleteHalf the nightmare is the white walls, but half is the wishing.
ReplyDeleteHow very true..wishes and white walls...poetry in itself..thank you Alice..
DeleteDear Jae We never like being stuck, not stuck in one place, or stuck in the mud, or stuck without words. But it sometimes happens, then we must wait, for things to become unstuck. I love the image of the red scarf over the moon, really nice. I love the lost pinhead, and the flying and dancing...you know how to do it!
ReplyDeleteThank you Annell..dearly x I knew you'd like the scarf and the moon..and dancing..
Delete