I drink boiled water as the rainbow fades
The black cat comes to see me
She stands in the field
Outside the window
Frame
Where real
Is
She says
I am still here
I am still here
I am climbing the internal walls
Back in the worn down
Hospital shoes
Get out
Stay out
Never quite
Stuck
Like
I
Got
Stuck
stuck stuck sticky
I put my hood up and my head down
My body is the sword
I am ready to reach up
Catch it in my hands
Lick the edge
I am more
I am more
I will paint my red
On the walls
Inside
Outside
Toss the peanuts
To the crowd
Hood up
Head down
Fearsome outsider
Stuck
Inside
Alice and I
We are plan plan planning
Every inch of thought used
To save us
Time survived in small fragments
Instinctual
Like a butterfly
Braced
On the tips of our tongues
On the soles of our worn down shoes
We are
We are
(shh).
I think everyone has a page or two like that in their diary...
ReplyDeleteIndeed..can we rip it up and start again..i hope so..thanks Stan
DeleteI truly love the repetition which has the poem read like a mantra - a lullaby a life refrain - lulling and yet powerful :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Pearl..I like the thought of a lullaby..
DeleteYes, you are. I love the black cat to the rescue! Stay strong, you are a winner! xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you Annell..yes black cats will keep us safe..
Deletenice one....like the word play
ReplyDeleteThank you atob..
DeleteI am so glad that you and Alice are planning,,,that's a really good sign,,,,that sword blade is keen, this I know,,, Very powerful poetry, jaerose,,, very definitely you,,,fight on,,,
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Ellecee..we will take up the good fight..when it comes..
DeleteLike the fearsome outsider, know her well, and know that she is always reaching, always bringing her gifts from the inside out. Thank you Jae,
ReplyDeleteElizabeth
Thank you too Elizabeth..
Delete"every inch of thought used..." love this~!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deletetime saved in small fragments - that's really struck me
ReplyDeleteThanks Emma..
DeleteRepetition adds a lot to this poem. I love the images you created.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Sabra..
DeleteJae, An intriguing imaged-filled poem. I see you also mention a cat in your piece. These words reminded me of our cat, but he is cinnamon-coloured, and he has his own John Lennon ceramic mug he drinks out of in the evenings.
ReplyDeletePamela
Thank you Pamela..i think a few of us made mention of cats..your cat sounds very cool! thank you
DeleteTime survived in small fragments is a good thing. All we have is one moment at a time. If a person survives one moment, he/she can survive the next.....and so on. Also agree with Ellecee about the planning. Plan on, and see where it leads!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mary step by step..sometimes the only way..
DeleteYes, shhhh! Don't let the demons know you are winning! I read lots of hope in this piece. You go, girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda..sometimes it pays to be quiet on the outside..and bold on the inside..
DeleteWow! That first line hooked me.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ben - like a gnome's fishing rod!
DeleteIf gnomes weren't vegetarians ;-)
Delete;)
DeleteThis is really good. "I am more, I am more" brilliant
ReplyDeleteThank you Bo - and for following..
Deleteexcellent writing and as always your words leave me deep in thought..wondering...wondering...wondering
ReplyDeleteDon't stay wondering for long..wandering is far better..thank you OldGrizz..
DeleteI can feel so much desperation reading this Jae. I'm not sure if you meant it or if it's my unlimited imagination, but I feel a confinement and a desperation to get out. Nicely uneasy for me. :)
ReplyDeleteEntirely meant..and exactly so..thank you Veronica..
DeleteI know you will be glad to find a way back to the reality outside the window. If your instinct says you must escape, then you are probably right.
ReplyDeleteThank you Ann..it might not be an escape on foot..i suspect it will be lots of paper and complicated out-trickery..
DeleteDescartes said "I think therefore I am". You are Jae, you will conquer all to be yourself and toss the peanuts to the crowd of non-thinkers.
ReplyDeleteHe was sitting in a cupboard..he thought je pense..then went to stand up..donc..(bang of head)..je suis..and who said school is worthless..thank you..
DeleteBeautiful ... the thoughts reflect the anguish in life !!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Green Speck..
DeleteWell, Dear Jae,
ReplyDeleteSeems as if you've found a reservoir of resolve to outlast the current situation. Build up that inner strength. Nourish yourself in every way. When the time comes, you will have the wherewithal to begin again, in health and well-being. Do not let the abuser continue to control. You are a powerful, productive, creative woman.
Thank you Kim..as are you..though more certainly so (in your case).. j x
DeleteHello jaerose, I just discovered Sunday Scribblings and I am exploring the blogs of others who participate. Being mostly a poet, I was glad I stumbled on your blog ... I have bookmarked it and look forward to reading more of your poetry. Thanks for sharing it with us.
ReplyDeleteThank you..i am glad you found Sunday Scribblings..and thanks for reading..
Delete"Time survived in small fragments..." a lovely line in an otherwise unsettling poem. But this is me, so I'll tell it: The idea of tossing peanuts to witnesses of your self-immolation, painting the town red, literally... is genius. I have those moods, even as passing thought.
ReplyDeleteYou are a daring woman and I continue to admire you, Jae! Love, Amy
http://sharplittlepencil.com/2013/03/11/goosebumps/
Thank you Amy..sometimes more dangerous (not to others obviously) than daring..gets me in shit loads of trouble but will always be so..always!
DeleteI love the repetition throughout. Very strong.
ReplyDeleteThanks Heidi..
Deletepromise of eternity. souls intertwined. loved the last 5 lines so much.
ReplyDeleteThank you totomai
Delete