Sunday, 31 March 2013

Petals


The moon casts its petals
Like seasoning
Through my bones
It drips through my feet
Into the ground
Where the words
Are lost
Like
Rumblings
Under the earth
Heartbeats
Wrapped up in stones
All that is
All that was
Screw
Metal line
Black runs
All the same really
Stiches
Stiches
Tape
A
Stitch
In
Time
Saves
I wonder where the tea is moans Alice
Still
We huddle in the empty pit
This holding room
I polish the new shoes
Say to her gently
Soon
Soon
After the locks are turned
And we can walk into the air
You remember Alice
The air
That comes in
Through the window
Which
I always keep open
So the world remembers us
I try to keep my face still
Keep her heart steady
As the petals
Fall from the moon
Into our head
Into our hands. 

45 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There's..jam and scones says Alice..thank you Stan

      Delete
  2. Waiting is the most anxious time. The mind teases us and we must take deep breaths of that air and remember we do not travel alone. Remember Jae every window is a picture of hope on the wall. A great poem Jae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you OldEgg..it felt like a different kind of scribble too..

      Delete
  3. Beautiful writing! This is brilliant:
    "Through the window
    Which
    I always keep open
    So the world remembers us
    I try to keep my face still
    Keep her heart steady
    As the petals
    Fall from the moon
    Into our head
    Into our hands."

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! A lovely image of the petals falling from the moon...the world will always remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly Annell..i hope so..happy easter x

      Delete
  5. once again and again and again, you have drilled a hole in my head and poured your words in to my brain for me to stir as I sip a cup of coffee. "Moon casting petals...heartbeats wrapped in stone...as the locks are turned we can walk air"...will tumble through my mind like stones that are being polished as they are washed away by the raging tides...
    when I read your words I always come out the other end believing that I am just a wee bit more polished...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Old Grizz..consider me your shoe shiner! Wish i felt more polished..think grittier is more the feeling right now ;)

      Delete
  6. A very evocative piece of writing, with wonderful imagery. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visual imagery, and artist of words. Thank you, Jae Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, keep that window open. It's a reminder of what can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always do..no matter how chilly ;) thank you Ann..

      Delete
  9. Your lyrical fills me with admiration. So many wonderful evocative phases!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have to say it, Jae, this one has a deep beauty, both in its feeling, and its images. That might not have been what you intended, I certainly can't know, but reading it caused a deep sigh of contentment to emerge from my lips. Thank you,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you too Elizabeth..i don't know how it came out that way either..

      Delete
  11. I really like the first three lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Central image of the moon, rising above the lonely room... is it a source of comfort, or a reminder of loneliness? Maybe it's both...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder where the tea is? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the way you are 'hanging in there' - no fear of the words being lost. All the while you have such meaningful words, you have yourself; you have us, and you have the world. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Altonian..all the world's a word..

      Delete
  15. As they float through this piece, Jae, I think of the moon's petals as healing light, warming rays, loving embraces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim..seen through your eyes they could well be x

      Delete
  16. even more beautiful on my second read...drifting into a powerful dream...and love letting go...the moon can be an exacting lover...demands the face and heart be stilled & vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes s/he demands lucidity..thank you Paige..sweetly..of course..

      Delete
  17. This is a vivid lovely piece. I love the deconstructed images, they way they sort of hang there and then swing on to the next.
    I love the end.
    "So the world remembers us
    I try to keep my face still
    Keep her heart steady
    As the petals
    Fall from the moon
    Into our head
    Into our hands."
    It ends on a note of hope and with a sense of healing.
    Awesome work here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jae, you're doing great, turning out a poem such as this. I know you and Alice will watch out for each other.

    I love the moon in all its manifestations, and here, as benevolent giver of healing... this is how I will picture you in meditation tonight... Silver beams bathing you in comfort. Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy J and Alice would enjoy some moon bathing..we will join you in spirit.. x

      Delete
  19. love the petals falling from the moon - original and thought provoking imagery. Love your poems x

    ReplyDelete
  20. petals falling from the moon. I can see their luminous shape against the star black sky. Love your poems x

    ReplyDelete
  21. petals symbolizes fragility... there's maybe a lot of space but you still have that someone to hold on to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..that helps...even if she isn't real (shh don't tell her that!) thank you

      Delete
  22. This is so beautiful....

    I am here after SO long!! Sorry about that!!

    inside that bowl, I see the whole world

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good to see you back Gautami - and thank you..

    ReplyDelete