A deal of some kind
Shared at the railings
Traded on the path
I don’t know you
Here you are every week paying a trip through my mind
Plasters in the strawberry bowl
Chocolate milk on the wall
Your dirty jeans asking me what happened
Nothing. Nothing at all.
I’m fine don’t worry don’t worry
Watch the sugar fall through me like sand through a needle
Watch the question plummet past my sides
Watch me dilute alive
I sit in the corner of the bathroom and look at you
How many years we have collected dust together
I gave you water and it stuck
How many years to see
Water alone does not clean
I take the cloth and wipe you. Finish the deal
That is how we will answer the question
That is how we will keep the dust away.
Tragic in its hopelessness. Her whole world has got smaller and smaller. Even the tiniest part, every speck of dust is a player in her life. Beautiful writing, fearful reading Jae.
ReplyDeleteInsignificance becomes less significant when shared.
ReplyDeleteIt's becoming harder and harder to make credible comments on her plight -- I'm not up to it I'm afraid, too simple I suppose.
ReplyDeleteA question asked and answered....Plasters in the strawberry bowl, Chocolate milk on the wall...Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm fine don't worry don't worry That dust, is it a speck or if collected for years is it much?
ReplyDeleteHope all has gone well.....
as Old altonian above in words,,"harder to make comment"...but for different reasons. I read with my mouth open and shake my head from side to side,,,astonshing,,,(in a good way)
ReplyDelete'astonishing' even,,perhaps :)
ReplyDeleteYou fearlessly come back each time OldEgg..for that thank you..
ReplyDelete:) Amanda..very true..thanks
Just stopping by is enough thank you Altonian..
It's always hard to tell with dust isn't it..maybe the original dust gets hidden..back safe and sound thanks Annell..
Astonshing sounds good to me..thank you as ever Glenn..
Jae
such beautiful use of language and imagery ... wonderful!
ReplyDeletepeace,
Deborah
Westlander Poetry
Thank you Deborah..have you changed your pen-name? Good to hear from you as always..Jae
ReplyDelete'Your dirty jeans asking me what happened
ReplyDeleteNothing. Nothing at all.
I’m fine don’t worry don’t worry'
The 'don't worry' seems to be asking, "Please worry about me, even though I don't feel as if I need help."
A disappearance of sorts. This was beautiful, I am speechless.
ReplyDelete;) Abigail..thank you as always..
ReplyDeleteThank you Lisa..
Good to see you both..Jae
communication is so interesting here....love this!
ReplyDeleteAnother wonderful piece that I just can't get enough of... simply beautiful!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful! your poetry is always so smooth and effortless!
ReplyDeletethis seems like years and years of dong the right thing, cleaning and cleaning and then the exterior cracks a bit but you hurry and put it back together and wipe it off and move on...but in your amazing style. I could be totally off - that is the fun thing about your pieces. they can mean different things to each reader. :)
ReplyDelete