We are always thinking
Constant thoughts
Ringing in our ears
Flashing in front of our eyes
The thoughts do not run in order
Although there is a chain
A swift move from one thought
To the other
Like a string of daisies
Fragile and bright
We prefer when things
Move in straight lines
That makes more sense
Than wild rovings
Sometimes we lie still
As if we rest our body
Our mind will follow
But it never switches off
There are always doubts and worries
Problems to solve
Mistakes to mend
It seems strange to think
Of a quiet mind
It would be good to scream
To let all the thoughts out
But we remain silent
Scribbling words
Holding each other softly
Maybe one day there will be rest
Gentle thoughts
And silent whispers.
I like the chain of thoughts like a string of daisies. I love your closing lines...........
ReplyDeleteWhispers are nice for they are for you personally. Mind you I am going deaf so I don't hear many. Your poem however is beautiful Jae.
ReplyDeleteScreaming in writing can be cathartic; keep scribbling!
ReplyDeleteAnd what a thought! You've captured the state of a mind that never shuts down so well. I like the ending too.
ReplyDelete"A swift move from one thought
ReplyDeleteTo the other
Like a string of daisies"
Your string of dasies got me thinking of that silly exercise of - he loves me he loves me not -
Knowing that we must love ourselves accepting as truth that God loves us
Happy Sunday Jae
Much💜love
I was always a little skeptical of meditation but in recent years I've found that the unhelpful rush of thought can be brought under control by simple meditation focused only on the breath.
ReplyDeleteThoughts --- now there's a subject that's infinite! I like your approach.
ReplyDeleteLove how you compare thoughts to"a string of daisies Fragile and bright"
ReplyDeleteYes thoughts are always there and can make you dizzy. I have learned to meditate to calm my brain down. Only you need the discipline to keep it up. :)
"We are always thinking.." this is so true. We can always control our thoughts and quiet our minds...Scriptural readings and reflections help me to do this. Nicely penned...thank you.
ReplyDelete