Thursday, 18 March 2021

Famous

The man from the river
Said I had a sweet energy
About me
I want to smile
But have forgotten how
I shuffle nervously
Kick my own boots
Fiddle with a buttonhole
Your sweetness made you famous
I whisper to her
When the river man leaves
Off to catch some fish 
I am far from sweet
She replies
The birds carry fine twigs
Busy making nests
In the gaps between fences
The world keeps moving
Despite the fact that we have stopped
Curious indeed
She giggles
We walk back to our room
The sky is blue
Soon summer will come
She slips her hand in mine
It fits perfectly
Silently I think
It is your sweetness
That made you famous
And your fame
Made me sweet in return. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how I love this. You and Alice are interchangeable, Jae. Her sweetness is yours and yours hers. And the fame as well. You are unique in the blogosphere - extra special. I absolutely LOVE this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She slips her hand in mine
    It fits perfectly
    Silently I think"

    lUV THE WHOLENESS THE COMPLETENESS OF SELF IN TODAY'S POEM JAE

    Happy Sunday. Stay Safe


    (✿◠‿◠)

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must agree that your poetry is quite unique and a delight to read. It tells us so much but still leaves us wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely beautiful! And I love the insights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always those nuggets of truth tucked so deliciously in your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few moments in time beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete