She spins and twirls
Prances and leaps
My little bluebell dancer
Toes pointed
Hands pretty
She squeals with delight
We both enjoy swaying
Listening to the music in our head
Clapping our hands
Silently moving
Enjoying being together
Free and quiet
Just the sound of her little feet
Landing on the floor
The odd chuckle
My breathlessness
Her spirit
Live and vibrant
Her dress moves beautifully
As she turns
It makes her hair glow
And her skin seem like porcelain
She really is a flower
Blossoming in the light
I could dance forever
She says
And I could watch forever too.
Oh, this is sweet. I can see your little bluebell dancer. I love the closing line. Smiles.
ReplyDeleteAnd now you've enabled me to watch her too – in all her grace, verve and joy.
ReplyDeleteI need a bluebell dancer at the moment...send her around to my place.
ReplyDeleteYou two make sweet music togerher
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday Jae
much love...
I love the movement in your poem ... can see those tiny feet landing on the floor ~~~~
ReplyDeleteYou bring your little bluebell dancer to joyous life for us to enjoy! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely poem!
ReplyDeleteA lovely poem, Jae, so delicate and bluebell hued.
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing isn't it Jae that we have been posting on our blogs for the best part of 12 years? How beautiully your writing has become over this time.
ReplyDelete