Friday, 14 February 2020

Dirt

We have feelings
Buried deep down in the dirt
A metal taste on our tongue
A meal for one
Partially digested
It has been forty days
And nights
Of not knowing where our stomach will fall
We are stuck
Turned against the world
There are too many things to see
The clock chimes
Because we let it
It ushers in our dreams
Lint covers our arms
A cooling salve
A beginning
And an end
We wish for sleep
A tender kiss in the night
But the world has other plans
Sharp edges
And never ending holes
Perhaps we will unearth our feelings
Perhaps we will wait for them to spill out
Like water
There must be better times ahead
She whispers
I can only hope there will be.

13 comments:

  1. I know there will be, Jae. There have been before and will be again. I am glad you are writing your way through. Alice, as always, has words of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fortunate that practical Alice always sees a sunny sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we must take things moment by moment. And listen to the voice of Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's always a way through. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure Alice will guide you through your troubled times and the sun will shine again.
    Much love.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a dark poem, Jae, and I could taste the metal as I read. Even the chiming clock seems ominous, as do the sharp edges and never ending holes. I was relieved to see some hope at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me want to throw open the windows and let some hope in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope for better times ahead as well--sometimes, all you can do is hope

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this one. "Perhaps we will unearth our feelings
    Perhaps we will wait for them to spill out" Relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. But the world has other plans
    Sharp edges
    And never ending holes.........this is why hope is in such demand

    ReplyDelete
  11. What with all the other disasters affecting the earth it is amazing there are still politicians still trying the trash the planet and still make a profit out of it. Nothing could be more ridiculous than thinking they represent us! Dreaming is good, it gives us hope.

    ReplyDelete
  12. “The clock chimes because we let it.” I love that, Jae.

    ReplyDelete