We sit on the floor and play with the letters
Too tired to move
We wait
We have forgotten what for
There has always been powder days
All we want is sleep
Time moves forward
We hold hands
Brace for the inevitable
The seconds seem relentless
We count our way down the stairs
Step a toe outside
It makes us shake
Are we even real
His voice is always in my head
I don't want it to go
And so I have Alice and you.
Oh this is heartwrenching Jae 😥
ReplyDeleteOh, this is resounding with anguish. "Are we even real" is such a potent idea, that grips the mind and casts its pallor over everything in its fervor. I understand.
ReplyDelete-HA
I love how tender this piece is Jae; his words remembered that you want to hold on to. We all have those memories so strong you can feel their touch. It is good to wrap them up in your mind.
ReplyDeleteWell said!
DeleteI like the line "We Count Our Way Down the Stairs"
His voice that you dont want to go...."and so i have Alice and you".....i am glad you have those, Jae. This is a very beautiful poem.
ReplyDeletethis will linger way too long in my mind...!
ReplyDeleteYes, memories can be a comfort and sometimes they haunt us. This is deep and heartfelt Jae. Lovely writing as always!
ReplyDeleteTime moves forward
ReplyDeleteWe hold hands
Brace for the inevitable
Whether we want it or not time flies. Time can't adjust but we can. Just adjust a little and wait - a good choice Jae!
Hank
'Are we even real?' That is a puzzle too difficult to think about. I am always afraid of losing my most precious memories. Beautifully written, Jae.
ReplyDelete