Saturday, 28 July 2018

Lake

We dream under apricot skies
Always running
Shoulders stuck
The weight of stones sit gently in my pocket
Everything is spinning
An archaic dance
A picture and a gift
We wrap ourselves up in the quilt
Heart racing
The stair case defeats us
Dream tip time travel
Banging heads on the bathroom floor
I have lost sight of the signs
She takes my hand
All this will pass
A lake pours through the windows
It would be unkind to disappear
I remember the horses
Hay on noses
Pine needles under foot
We sense each others pain.

21 comments:

  1. The beauty of this poem begins with dreaming of apricot skies and ends with kind horses with soft noses. Yes, it would be unkind to disappear. I want to put a pillow under your head to protect it from the banging. All this will pass and a lake coming through the window....... Your poem is a mix of beauty and pain. I pray the beauty wins. Keep dreaming those apricot skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "apricot skies"
    "A lake pours through the windows"

    So gorgeous. ---

    Now give me those stones
    to carry,
    and a spot under that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say you are an expert of making nightmares seem kind.. a bit like a Tim Burton Movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The imagery is very powerful and very haunting

    https://mindlovemisery.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your poem, Jae. The stairs which seem too hard to climb and the sea pouring in through the window.. such an empathetic piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What contrasts you dispaly in this beautiful but sad poem, a mixture of hope and pain that we know must be experienced in our lives. You colour our reading Jae with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a poem of contrasts but I like the way you have wrapped the pain of stuck shoulders, weighty stones, the stair case and the heads banging on the bathroom floor in softer, gentler imagery of apricot skies and the memory of the horses, the hay on noses and pine needles under foot'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "All this will pass": I think that shall be refrain for every struggle and bout of pain that comes forth to cripple us. This is so evocative - I could feel the words thumping in my chest.
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of your best, Jae. Nice to have a hand to hold onto when one goes through things that happen in one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "All this will pass"

    This is hope writ large. Hold on to it, Jae and Alice, hold on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poem begins on a note of hope. There is much trepidation in the scene. But i am happy that kindness and encouragement are the winners in this scenario

    Happy you dropped by my Sunday Standard

    Much💟love

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Apricot skies," are certsainly the best of all skies!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. excellent...

    good things could surface despite everything,
    we always seek sunshine through dark night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The thought of stones in my pockets always take me back to my childhood--when my pockets carry small worlds. As an adult, the same thought brings to mind the child, her laughter and mischievous wonder continuing to make merry in my forever pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The words felt so raw, as if they were under water and drowning. The words evoke pain, but it’s somehow also beautiful because the pulse of life is so strong. Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "It would be unkind to disappear" especially when friends in two-way empathy with horses! This poem is vast. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "All this will pass"... sigh in times like these I truly hope so. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  18. A wonderful bit of writing. I found the four closing lines, particularly enthralling in their wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lake pours through the windows
    It would be unkind to disappear
    We sense each others pain

    There are occasions when one needs to go the extra mile to accommodate. Some may just be under a shock who need help! Different people have different strengths! Great close Jae!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  20. "The weight of stones sit gently in my pockets"...what an amazing line. This is utterly lovely Jae. There is hope in the comfort of others.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I lake it!
    Couldn't resist that, but should have because this is a powerful piece of writing unworthy of levity.

    ReplyDelete