We wait for the cans
All night long
We are up and down
Nothing quite measures up
Nothing comes near
We wish for bluebirds and chimney tops
But all we see is acid clouds
The noise in our head is indefatigable
We look to stop it but nothing comes close
A small mistake turns into a major disaster
We don't know what to do any more
Shh and listen she whispers in the cold grey night
I try to but all I hear is the rattle
All I need I cannot have
We are up all night
Up and down like yoyos
Nothing quite measures up.
It is hard to give up what we love for it becomes an obsession and the hurt is so great just like a little death and we are not the same afterwards but slowly we can get back to normal and enjoy life once again.
ReplyDeleteall we see is acid skies..quite the image. Intriguing poem.
ReplyDeleteSmall mistakes do tend to breed... and quickly, too.
ReplyDeleteI wish for you those bluebirds and chimney tops, gentle nights and peaceful days. So sad "all I need I cannot have." Hang in there, kiddo. One day at a time.
ReplyDeleteAcid skies...We are up all nigght Up and down like yoyos Nothing quite measures up..It is hard those sleepless nights
ReplyDeleteLove the thesis/antithesis movements in this! A prophetic call to hold ourselves accountable!
ReplyDelete