Monday, 11 June 2018

Lust

We hold the pencil in our hands
It is warm like pebbles
We draw thick lines on the wall
Track lines
All we ache for is the cans
We line them up and dream
How long have we been here she asks
Too long
Then why can't we leave
My lips draw a blank
I fear if I move I will lose you
I go where you go silly
I lie back in the bath
Let the hot water cleanse my heart
Every day is precious
Yet I can't lust for it
We hold the pencil in our hands
It is warm like pebbles.

17 comments:

  1. So ture every day is precious and we learn something new from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear if I move I will lose you... that spoke to me.. heartbreaking.. your work is so filled with emotion and wonderful lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet I can't lust for it
    We hold the pencil in our hands
    It is warm like pebbles

    Very true, Jae, it is up to us. One decides one's own destiny. Good close!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image of the bath suggests, to me, a complete immersion into this world where the subject feels safe, and the ache for those cans is numbed, at least for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear if I move I will lose you
    I go where you go silly
    I lie back in the bath
    Let the hot water cleanse my heart

    These lines are especially something I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a warm bath does sometimes feel like it can cleanse the heart. I would love to see those walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well keep using the pencil for writing Jae. Alice is your alter ego of course or conscience but she wants to see the world vibrant and alive just like you used to I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyday is precious..... I know I would lust after it, but lust doesn’t last... so,I guess appreciating its value is better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pencil warm like pebbles sounds comforting to me. The hot water cleansing one's heart sounds perfect. Each day is precious, my friend, and we spend them one by one. I love how Alice sticks with you. I love her voice, entwined with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the sense of being caged in your poem... may the warmth of the pen give poems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pencil, "warm like pebbles" with which you and the enchanting Alice write your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pencils warm like pebbles feels so cosy and indeed every day is precious Cool poem

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Yet I can't lust for it"..Oh this is so heartbreaking Jae. May the warmth of the pebble that the pencil has does its work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was going to say what Sherry said. And I do say it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We do hold the pencil in our hands....love the truth and raw beauty of life that flows in this Jae!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pencil warm like pebbles. Writing is a comfort in all times.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the thick lines on the wall as track lines.

    ReplyDelete