Saturday, 17 March 2018

Wolf

We fall in a closed heap
Sugar flare flowers
We read a frailty in the cave that bonds us
A small wolf dances in the twilight
We watch its burning teeth
It appears hopeful
A kindly means to cajole and practice
We are called to wine
A blight upon the earth
Cringe and wild
Burning dreams
We fall in a closed heap
Sugar flare flowers
All stretched and pulsing
Hair a tangle
Stomach in knots
We pat the wolf and say goodbye.

47 comments:

  1. I LOVE the image of that small wolf dancing in the twilight. The sugar flare flowers - another wonderful image. I love this poem, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We read a frailty in the cave that bonds us... love this line

    ReplyDelete
  3. The metaphors you used sure fired up my imagination. I'm imagining the scene...trying to work out what it means. Liked this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wolf with burning teeth is so terrifying... your imagery is wonderful Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been imagining what 'Sugar flare flowers' look like, Jae and also picturing how a 'small wolf dances in the twilight'. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad piece this is Jae, glad you befriended a a wolf in this poem giving the reader the feeling that despite troubles you had a friend close by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drawn to that enigmatic wolf, wondering what it is he wishes to persuade people into thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the small wolf; I hope it will return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the 'sugar fare flowers' suggests a sweet toothed wolf - nothing to fear there but much to admire in your imagery as usual

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I ever told you that always read your poems aloud? I read the work of other writers aloud, but yours is the only one that I always feel the need to hear dancing out of my mouth and into my brain. There is something about your style... about the magic brewed by the way you weave imagery... something about the emotions you evoke... that invite (and sometimes demand) to be tasted as sound.

    Love this--sugar, teeth, wild and wolf...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find your wolf scary and admire your dare to go and pat him.
    I'm still trying ti image "sugar flare flowers" havent quite got the picture yet.

    Happy Sunday Jae

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  12. The wolf is a powerful totem, the teacher. And as I read your words I find hope in them as you pat the wolf and find an ally.

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thankful that the patting of the wolf didn't end with a clamp of the wolf's sharp teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wine has that effect - I think it was a good idea to pat the wolf goodbye.
    Love the mystery of your words Jae.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!💖 Love the image of the wolf dancing in the twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful imagery you created...I hope the wolf is a friend and not in disguise...

    ReplyDelete
  17. The small wolf is excellent... we need such visitors. They keep the big wolfs at bay

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the image of the small wolf...doesn't seem threatening at all. (I knew Sherry would like this poem!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. interesting - I'm intrigued by the 'sugar flare flowers'.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the 'small wolf' in this - somewhat like a muse to 'a kindly means to cajole and practice'.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Choice at the end... after a great "Jae"argument : )
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  22. "a frailty in the cave that bonds us" Wow!
    I have often felt that way with performers--dance and theatre--as I lean in to what I see in front of me. Splendid poem. So glad the performer was a wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you tamed the wolf! even though it is a small one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the small wolf and the 'sugar flare flowers'.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love they wolf, perhaps he is a pet? And how wonderfully he dances!

    ReplyDelete