Friday, 9 March 2018

Curtain

Her hair falls like curtains
Covers her eyes to dampen the light
We are waiting on the night
There is comfort in the black sky
There is comfort in unveiling the morning
Each day a fresh start
Each day a grinding halt
We wish for petticoats and pennies
A true passage
A clear view
The silver chimney pot smiles at us
Summons up a rainbow in the winter skies
I brush her hair away from her eyes
Hold her tight
Right until the morning comes.

26 comments:

  1. Such a beautifully haunting poem this is Jae!💞 I felt compelled to read it twice and was breathless at "There is comfort in the black sky/There is comfort in unveiling the morning"..💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfort in the night, "A true passage", "A clear view", and being held tight ... sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I brush her hair away from her eyes
    Hold her tight
    Right until the morning comes." Such comfort

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. Nice, Jae. Makes me want to renew our wedding vows and be a recycled newlywed. We hit 45 Feb 24th.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Line 1 is an awesome opener Jae. Thanks for dropping by to read mine

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are always so great at capturing the uncommon tenderness of common moments...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Comfort in both the dark of night and the coming of morning. Lovely. I can see that curtain of long hair. Wishing for true passage is footsteps along the path, my friend......you are already making that passage. I love this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hair as curtain image.. it says so much about the character you portray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. unveiling the morning... beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a comforting poem this. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wish for petticoats and pennies...love that line

    ReplyDelete
  12. I sense that you are a friend of night... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all wish for a clear view. Instead we get illusions.

    ReplyDelete