The cans jangle in the night
A twisted kind of shrapnel
We should throw them to the dogs but the pull is so strong
We wish for silence
In our soul and in our mind
We drink tea to try and qwell the thirst
Nothing does
Hatter sings and chatters
They take the rubbish away
All is gone
All is fine
The cans jangle in the night
A twisted kind of shrapnel.
"We wish for silence / In our soul and in our mind"...Oh we absolutely need that.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sumana
DeleteSorry thotpurge I deleted your comment in error - thank you
ReplyDeleteIt's in the night, I think, that we see and hear what is effecting us 24 hours a day. I hear the cans jangle, I see and feel the shrapnel twist.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThank you Susan
DeleteLuv your use of "shrapnel." Jae
ReplyDeleteHappy Wednesday
much love...
Thanks Gillena
DeleteI am the jangling can. I am the shrapnel, the tea, and the hatter. I am the chatter and rubbish. But I am also the soul's silence. And so are you.
ReplyDeleteThank you kindly Magical
DeleteHow I love this comment and point of view. YES! SO well said.
DeleteThanks Sherry
DeleteThe determination to throw away the cans is a vital piece of healing. Throw away! Throw away and take the tea!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kim!
DeleteThe cans as a twisted kind of shrapnel is very apt. I so love and echo Magical's comment - you are also the soul's silence...........that is so lovely. How is Alice doing these days? We haven't heard from her lately.
ReplyDeleteAlice is holding her own ;) thanks Sherry
DeleteNight oft brings with it the internal chatter of our minds and it is hard to rid ourselves of these thoughts. And then the day brings with it a certain kind of peace.
ReplyDeleteLove your words Jae, especially this line:
We should throw them to the dogs but the pull is so strong.
Anna :o]
Thanks so Anna :)
Deletesilence seems louder with the jangle...creative effective imagery lovely poem that touches deeply
ReplyDeleteThank you Anjum
DeleteYes we do need that silence - in our soul, our minds...powerful Poem Jae. Excellent.
ReplyDeleteThanks Toni
DeleteWe are in the throat of noise and silence would certainly bring deliverance.
ReplyDeleteThank you Susie
DeleteI am not so sure about the silence! Calm or quiet are fine but silence is a bit drastic for me. I think you need a walk in the countryside or in a quiet woodland Jae!
ReplyDeleteA good suggestion - thanks Old Egg
DeleteI love the way you use repetition. Excellent!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mama Zen
DeleteJangle is the perfect word to use here, Jae. Love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sara
DeleteSometimes silence does seem to elude us! Indeed there is too much 'jangle' sometimes in our life.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary
Delete