Sunday, 25 June 2017

Why



We spin tattered dreams around a single moon
Lost in the middle of the night 
Dust drunk and rooted 
The sheer weight of our being 
Waiting and lost
In the nursery Alice cries a single tear
I mop it up gently 
Snatch a hand
Blink and we are gone again 
Spinning tattered dreams around a single moon 
It hardly seems right to question why when we are so lost
Dust drunk and rooted
Weeks tick by into years
Silent tears on broken lashes 
Curves and bones bent over and crooked
The sheer weight of our being 
Waiting and lost.

61 comments:

  1. Dust drunk and rooted
    The sheer weight of our being ... lovely poem, Jae :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so heartbreaking Jae. I can't see Alice shed a single tear. Hope one day there's no trace of stress and all dreams come true for everyone who's trying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the despair there are hands holding on to the other. For me that's the ship through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a beautiful sadness in this poem Jae of hopes and dreams unfulfilled and tears shed in the middle of the night. When the mischievous Alice sheds a tear it is really serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed - thanks for knowing us so well Old Egg

      Delete
  5. 'We spin tattered dreams around a single moon' - I really like this line, Jae, it paints a very vivid picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sheer weight of our being
    Waiting and lost

    To be in firm control perhaps can offer lots of hopes!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spinning tattered dreams around a single moon.....how I wish those dreams were not tattered, Jae. Hopefully new dreams will appear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'We spin tattered dreams around a single moon' is such a gorgeous phrase!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is certainly an aspect I can relate to. Love those opening lines and I feel rather maternal about Alice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can have that effect - thanks Colleen

      Delete
  10. This is so very sad and beautiful, Jae. I keep rereading it, and it covers me in so many layers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was about to quote the same line Mary quoted above, it's just so perfect... It invites me to dance with it at night, spinning and twisting and feeling, until the sun comes to take it all away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopefully you won't have to wait long to find yourselves again. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your opening line is so magnificent I had to stop after reading it. I can feel those silent tears on broken lashes and the sheer weight of your being. May that weight lift, so you can unfurl your wings into a lighter day, my friend. p.s. watch the mail. Any day now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry - we will keep a careful eye on the postbox

      Delete
  14. It hardly seems right to question why when we are so lost

    Very true. I hope you ask why though , maybe it will better things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So poignant, Jae. The first line was beyond beautiful. Tattered dreams.. wow. Aice tears are precious, hope both of you are fine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clinging to tattered dreams surely leaves us waiting and lost. Surely there were some good moments to cling to along the way. A plaintive poem, well written.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really so beautiful, Jae. The images resonate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really beautiful. I especially like the lines: "we spin tattered dreams around a single moon" and "silent tears on broken lashes".

    ReplyDelete
  19. The tears, oh, the tears! A heart-rending piece, Jae.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It seems to be a common favorite in the comments today, but I am also struck by the stunning beauty of this line: "We spin tattered dreams around a single moon"---it evokes such incredibly imagery. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The image of the roots is especially painful to read... like a tree rooted in the wrong soil... you cannot really move. Hope you find better soil for you and Alice soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. this leaves a beautiful, but forlorn, vision.

    my favorite line:
    Dust drunk and rooted

    ReplyDelete
  23. "...spin tattered dreams around a single moon"

    Luv the whimsy with which this poem begins. For dreams sometime begin reality and can alter it too

    Happy Sunday

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Alice in tears. No! It is time to close your eyes and just breathe slowly and deeply. I have sent Beth on the Unicorn. She'll take you to a place you have never been that will lift your hearts. Let me know when you return, it only takes a few moments.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  25. A kind of blue enchantment wafts through this beautifully written piece ... a new favorite of yours, for me. It's just simply a lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This mingles sadness with beauty. Marvelously executed.

    ReplyDelete
  27. My favorite words - silent tears on broken lashes.
    What a vivid image that is.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A wonderful poem, and the tree a wonderful symbol for the roots that dig deep!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is so sad hopefully you and Alice can realize that those roots can also bind and make you rise above it and become strong, hardy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ah, Jae, sometimes the dreams are just the opposite to reality. I wish they would give you more energy,strength to push back all heaviness, soften and with inhale fill you with new air, new light, lightness...blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautifully expressed, as always.

    Stuck in a loop? How I wish I knew what it would take to get you unstuck!

    ReplyDelete