Feel the quality she said
And I did
Deep inside her
Wiped the water over my head
And the paper
Watched the words wash away
My throat feels burnt
Even though I didn’t do it
Couldn’t do it
fuckingpatheticwelldoneyou
The man was at the train station
I bought a hot chocolate
Smiled
But not really
Left
Changed my mind
Always changing my mind
There is a blister on the roof of my mouth
I worry it
The rough edges of my tongue on the words
that need to come out
I am tidy at watching
Rubbing out the trails from my lips
Colour jostles the white wall
I imagine it as smell
The fragrance of petals
Scouring out my guts
Like bullets
And butterflies
It’s a shame really
How she’s let herself go
The wind chimes
The wet cement
The red ribbon tie
I am good at tidying
Sizing up the fabric
Picking out the remnants.
You did pick up the remnants well here, Jae...may you continue to amaze me with your writes..ever and forever.. God Bless.. RS:)
ReplyDeleteThank you very much Ramesh..best wishes back.. :)
ReplyDeleteLet the words come out as quickly as they come. Imagine them, smell them, taste them. Let them flow. You can size them up and tidy them up later. Have a good day, Jae!
ReplyDeleteThis is really powerful stuff, Jae.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day too Mary..thank you..for listening..
ReplyDeleteThank you Christopher..
Dead good! I love the way saying 'not really' cancels out the smile!
ReplyDeleteThanks Andy..i am good at cancelling smiles.. :)
ReplyDeleteI like how you come full circle in this poem. And the image of the blister and the words. You are so good at creating these!
ReplyDeletePainting pictures with words that cut, wound, search for truths that don't want to be found, or, words that eventually, sooth.
ReplyDeleteThe journey continues. Your road is filled with new growth and discovery Jae.
Beautiful, deep, emotional, YOU!
I can so relate to this, Jae:
ReplyDeleteSmiled
But not really
Left
Changed my mind
Always changing my mind
I enjoyed your poem very much. Your words paint the emotions so well. I like the last line "picking up the remnants" Sums it up for sure at times. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteyour words reach and inside show emotions that people think but rarely show. I love the last line that you are picking out the remnants.sometimes that's all we can do.
ReplyDeleteso natural, you voice,writing.
ReplyDeletean authentic moment gathered up and branded with your seeing ink.
i see this poem on so many levels-
searching for fabric or love too
afraid to water the deep draught
of you, just accepting the remnants.
xo
"didn’t do it
ReplyDeleteCouldn’t do it
fuckingpatheticwelldoneyou"
Yes!
Well done you!
Pathetic?
Not one whit!
To hades with the others who think so.
Indecision... confusion... you've captured the essence of the states. Times of transition are fraught with the two, followed by clarity and purpose. You are SO on your way, you brilliant writer, you!
Thanks Linda..i do sometimes wonder how they keep churning out..glad you enjoyed..
ReplyDeleteThank you DayDreamer..the road is a bit gravelly..thank YOU too..
Thank you Laurie..it's our prerogative..
It does..thank you Ellecee..
Thank you Sheilagh..it would be a lot easier if we could say it as it is..at least we can here! ..
Accepting the remnants..patch worked together..not quite right it'll do..you brought it together..thank you Paige..
Thank you Kim..if only there were road signs..'you're doing ok'..that would be good for the soul..thank you for your personalised road sign..much appreciated..
Jae
You have such a way of painting images in my mind. Not just remnants, but rails and blisters. Excellent, as always.
ReplyDeletekeep strong,,,
ReplyDeleteYou have an amazing gift for pouring out this stream of consciousness that we pore over trying to find a message rather than just being amazed at such vibrant and expressive writing. You are a treasure and an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteNever a dull moment with Jae :)
ReplyDeleteOften times the remnants are the best parts...the quirky left over parts that have the most interesting story to tell. I thoroughly enjoyed this :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Alice..as always..
ReplyDeleteTrying to Glenn..but am not Texas strong..
Thank you OldEgg..a treasure in the way coal is perhaps..much appreciated..
Too many dull moments Ben..that's when nothing becomes interesting..thank you..
Thanks Nunee..good to see you again..
Jae
Yes, yes yes. :)
ReplyDeletethanks, thanks, thanks..Isha
ReplyDeleterefreshing Jae, as always.... personification of colors to smell wowed me!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Medhini..good to see you..
ReplyDelete