Thursday, 19 March 2026

Looking Back


Perhaps now it is time to look forward 
Rather than looking back
The choices I have made are drawn strong on my body
But they are not the sole definition of who I am -
And what I still could be 
Even looking out the window 
Seeing the fields and hills in the distance
The soft clouds blushing the pale blue sky
The church spires - it is always there
A constant 'outside' which I hope one day to feel with my hands
Instead of just feeling the possibility inside myself
Perhaps I am scared of doing well
Perhaps I will continue to trip and fall 
But maybe, just maybe the landing will be soft (er)
As I will have the knowing of my past to inform my next stage.  

9 comments:

  1. Ah yes, looking forward having learnt from the past – that sounds like wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The soft clouds blushing the pale blue sky" beautiful and yes tidy up the past and "Seeing the fields and hills in the distance" Way to go ❤️ Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But they are not the sole definition of who I am" - no, there is much truth in this. They mark the path so far, but not the destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You describe the contradictions in the human condition. Every day is gift wrapped with choices though so often we feel we have none.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful scene out your window - so uplifting. The great thing about mornings - we get to start all over again every day. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many people think of the past as a tar pit rather than a launching pad. I hope any wisdom gleaned makes the future brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Learning from the past is a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tripping and falling can end a future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Even looking out the window
    Seeing the fields and hills in the distance
    The soft clouds blushing the pale blue sky"

    What a lovely view!

    ReplyDelete